The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, November 03, 2008

Last week was a busy one...

On Wednesday we went to see a band called Slightly Stoopid at the 9:30 Club. I love their music and they performed great live but their following is a bit young and I felt very old there for a bit. That was until the 60+ year old woman got there. She was wearing completely inappropriate clothing and was kissing and hugging on a guy that was WAY younger than her the whole time. I had to keep myself from vomiting a few times. I ended up just paying attention to the band to keep my stomach from churning...

On Thursday the hubby and I went to see the Cirque du Soliel show Kooza with a bunch of friends. It was SO SO good! I've never been to a cirque du soliel show so this was great. If you haven't been to one you must go! I think I spent the majority of the time with my jaw on the floor, shaking my head back and forth. The acrobats and performers were simply amazing, I don't know how else to describe it. These people can do things that you would think were impossible. Human beings are just not supposed to be able to do that!


IMG_0031


On Friday we went out to din din at this awesome Peruvian restaurant for my dad's birthday and then Saturday it was time for our annual Halloween Party. There were some excellent costumes and I think there were only one or two lame-o's who came without a costume. There was a little drama, which always makes the evening more fun, but nothing that brought the night to a halt. Let's just say Elvis' wife had a bit of a wandering eye once she got tanked. And a certain playboy bunny ended up mixing alcohol with allergy pills making for lots of spills and an early night for her! Fun, fun, fun...

What an action packed week and let me tell you, my body revolted on Sunday! Once all of the drunk stragglers and people who returned to get all of their lost belongings left it was very difficult to do much more than lay around with pooch. And thankfully that little angel was just as tired as we were because she snuggled with me and kept me warm as I was back and forth from my bed to the couch all day long! Our only outing was to McDonald's...how sad is that?


IMG_0023



Now it's back to the grind. Work. I hope everyone plans to get out there and vote tomorrow! My office is allowing us to "do whatever we need to do to get out there and vote". I think I'll take the afternoon off to prepare. Who knows, the lines might be out the door...?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home