The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, October 10, 2008

Well, well, well...Look at me being all M.I.A.

Well, we FINALLY got to take a real vacation. Not one that revolves around work trips and things that we are required to do. A real live, adult, do whatever the hell you please, vacation. And that's where we've been, and that's where we still are.

On Sunday night we packed up the bags, the car and pooch and bright and early Monday morning we headed to the sunny outer banks of North Carolina. It has been so nice. I think we've left the house 3 times since being here - in the car I mean. We have been out on the beach with the pooch by about 8am every morning just taking a nice leisurely walk. Then we've come home, made breakfast and coffee, enjoying them out on the deck. By that time the sun is just about blaring and it's time to put on our bathing suits and get onto our lounge chairs. With our Sirius radio playing and books in hand.

pooped


By about noon, when the margaritas are flowing nicely and the pooch has just about come around from her mid-morning nap, we take her down to the beach for a nice romp and play in the sand and surf. Let me tell you, this pooch is in heaven! She has been attacking the waves like a born surfer and acting the way a real lab/mystery dog is supposed to act. We've had so much fun with her! She hasn't even harassed any of the fishermen out on the beach.

<span class=


Once that adventure is over we've headed back to the house for outdoor showers for all of us. Then it's back in the house for more cocktails. I mean, what's vacation for anyway?

A few nights ago we decided to drive up to a little spot that had a nice long pier leading out to the sound to catch the sun set. It's funny how as soon as the sun begins to set the temperature drops so drastically. Okay, it's in the 60's but when you're sun soaked and it's been in the 80's all day, that feels cold to me!

sunset


Anyway, we took pooch along for a nice family sun set. Then we came upon a photo op that we could just not pass up. Behold, DoggieFly!

<span class=

I mean, seriously, how cute is that? She's even smiling!! I love it. Oh, and just pretend you can't see TSO behind her keeping her head in the hole.

So, that's what we've been up to and why I have been out of pocket. Just relaxing and spending time with my happy little family, away from life and stress and diets. Nothing but eating and drinking going on here. On Monday it will be back to the grind, but until then, my mind will remain on vacation.

I miss you all and will try to catch up on all of you soon. Hope Everyone is well!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home