The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Been home sick since completely overdoing it this weekend. Friday rehearsal dinner (and I feel bad because they actually did have wine, but still, had beer and liquor at a "cash bar" - lame), Saturday wedding, Sunday football game on the surface of the sun. Wheeeeeeeeee!

My car is also apparently sick, or sick of me, who knows. All I do know is that it's going to cost over 900 fucking dollars to fix, and yes, when you're talking about that much cash to spend on a car, it is FUCKING DOLLARS! How does a water filter cost that much? I had to have my car towed to the dealership on Tuesday morning because the temperature gauge light and the engine light was on. That to me, even though I consider them the "dummy lights", is nothing to mess with. I'd rather not take a chance on blowing up my engine in order to drive it the 20 miles to the dealership.

So instead, I got to ride in the cab of a smelly tow truck with a weird old dude with shoulder length gray hair, tapping his fingers to country music, which I am not a fan of, while staring out the window and hoping that he didn't take a detour and kill me. Thankfully he was not a psycho, or at least just not yesterday. So, I'm alive.

I got a loaner from the dealership and I love it. It's a brand new VW Passat Wagon. It rides like I'm gliding through butter and I hope it takes a long time to fix my car because I'd rather drive this thing around for a while. HA!

Anyway, if I come up with something positive or even worth anyone's time to write about I'll be back. Otherwise, peace out for now!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, September 17, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    What?!?! Do you drive a diesel?

    Sorry...my husband is a mechanic and it just didn't sound right to me. Water pump? Rip off.

    I hate when cars cost so much to fix.

     
  • At 8:21 AM, September 18, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Hope you & your car feel better soon.

    Why are tow truck guys always strange like that? That being said...they are usually the friendliest people too.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, September 18, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Ugh- I have had the water pump go out on cars before and it is always expensive. What do you drive now?

    I love Passats, and they were one of the cars I considered when I got my new one last month, but I have to say I love my new Liberty!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, September 18, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I was rescued from the side of the road by a tow truck driver once. He told me he was on his way back from meeting with his parole officer. :O He saved my bacon though! Like Chick said he was very nice.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, September 19, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Awww, hope you're feeling better now, and maybe the wagon is still cruising you through butta.

    As for tow truck drivers, OH MY GOD. Creepy as hell.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home