The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, September 12, 2008

Well, it's Friday, and for that I should be thrilled, but...I am suddenly feeling like ass and we have a wedding this weekend that my husband is in. What does that mean? Well, that means we have a weekend full of wedding crap - doesn't it all just suck when it's not yours? HA! I'm kidding, mostly. I mean, if this were one of my dearest friends I'd be very excited about the whole affair. Since I don't care about the happy couple one way or the other, I feel the same about the wedding.

Tonight is the rehearsal dinner, which I was informed is a buffet dinner with a cash bar. Really...? Wow, why even announce that? I mean, when you say "cash bar" I feel like that's the only thing people remember about your dinner. I think it might go over better if you just don't announce it. Hell, some people might not even notice. HAHA...yeah right. And I know I'm sounding like the snobbiest of the snobs. I really don't mean to. But don't you think they could have scrounged enough cash to make it a "beer and wine with dinner" event? I mean, this is the only way some of us can get through these things. Don't make me become completely classless and bring a flask people! I mean, I had girlfriends that didn't serve liquor at their rehearsal dinners because we hang with a bunch of drunks and they didn't want hung over fools on their wedding day, but beer and wine made their appearance. That's perfectly acceptable, but come on. You're 35 years old, alcohol is essential at your event. Unless of course you are a recovering alcoholic and then we have a whole new issue...I'll move on. I'm hoping they class it up a little and don't have a cash bar at the actual wedding tomorrow. I'll choose to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

The fun thing about the weekend is that some of our bestest buds are coming in from New Orleans and Virginia and they're staying with us, so at least we'll be having fun at our house. A full house of pre-drinkers I suppose!

Sunday we are all going to the Redskins vs. Saints game, so it will be another entire day full of drinking and eating. I hate weekends when you feel like you still need some weekend once their over. I hope I can relax some. We'll see...

On top of all that, I think I may be getting sick. I spent all day yesterday sneezing and chasing after a runny nose and I've had this killer headache right behind my eyes all day today and Advil aint cutting it. I'm a little worried but I'm praying I can will it away before I have to pretend to be having a good time at a wedding in the Hilton ballroom on Saturday night. I can't imagine being miserable and feeling miserable. That will truly suck and I feel bad for the hubby ahead of time if that's the case.

Anyway, I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and that you Texans stay safe and sound and out of Ike's way, that son of a bitch! I'll be thinking about you all!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home