The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, September 29, 2008

So this Saturday was my birthday and it really turned out to be a great weekend!

On Friday the hubby brought me home some beautiful red roses!!

b-day flowers

I don't think I've ever gotten red roses from him and they are so beautiful!

We had a really weird weather weekend as we've been feeling the remnants of the most recent hurricanes that are plaguing the south east. One minute it would be pouring, the next the sun was out. The clouds have been moving so fast!

Anyway, on Saturday we headed down to Kent Island on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland to eat crabs for my b-day. Driving there was a nightmare. It rained so hard, there were accidents. It was ugly. This is a shot as we were crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. You can tell we were in a huge, ugly, gray cloud. But beyond the horizon, past the large tankers, you can see a clearing.

bridge clouds

Well, once we got to the crab house it stopped raining but we were still surrounded by really threatening looking clouds:

<span class=

Almost as quick as a blink, the clouds moved out and voila! We had a beautiful sunny, warm day! It was a birthday miracle!

clouds breaking

I see blue

ducks

There was a pond for the kids to feed the ducks and once the rain stopped and the pond retreated - it was overflowing when we got there - we could enjoy all of the sights and smells and alcoholic beverages...

Here is some of the carnage from the crab feast and a very yummy desert - one of many that we had that day!!

the carnage

<span class=

I swear all a birthday means to me is 10 pounds of FAT! On Sunday we went to brunch with my parents to "celebrate my birthday". Then the hubby and I went home to watch the Redskins beat the stinky old Cowboys!!! WOO HOO - another birthday miracle! And then the hubby took me to a FABULOUS "birthday dinner" at a new restaurant called Art and Soul. If you are planning a trip to D.C. I highly recommend it. I just wish I could have ordered one of everything on the menu!! Actually, we almost did...

The sweet hubby had a bottle of bubbly waiting at our table when we arrived and we tried many of the appetizers then shared an entree because we were afraid that we might literally explode! And then of course they brought out desert!! Three "cupcakes" that they called their "baby cakes". One was a lemon with some kind of custard filling and a meringue topping, one was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and the last was an almost flavored cake with some type of almost marshmallow frosting. Holy lord, I woke up full this morning! I can't wait to go back.

Anyway, it was a fabulous weekend and after my final "birthday dinner" at my in-law's house on Wednesday I am going on a starvation diet. I swear I can't fit in my pants today.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!




6 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, September 29, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Happy Happy birthday to you!

    It sounds like it was fabulous! (We've come to expect that from your husband though.)

    Yay for the birthday miracles!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, September 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hatehatehate the expressions "Happy Belated Birthday" ... so, Happy Premature Birthday, you know, for next year. Also, could you please post something about TSO being a jerk or a fight you had, all this Mr. Perfect stuff is getting to be a bit unfair on the rest of the world.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, September 29, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Wooho! What a hell of a birthday. Glad you had such a wonderful weekend. I would've loved to help create that crab carnage. lol

     
  • At 8:12 PM, September 29, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Happy Birthday!!!

    Obviously it was a great one! Cheers to many many more!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, September 29, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Happy Birthday!

    sounds like you had more than a feast or 2...good for you!

    Those flowers are beautiful...Hubby done good : )

     
  • At 12:05 PM, October 01, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    good god that food sounds amazing!

    Happy bday girl! Sounds like it was a good one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home