The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, August 22, 2008

pooch-withdrawal



When we got to the daily wine reception in our hotel lobby the other day we were pleasantly greeted by a pooch adoption. They had these two 8 week old Chihuahua mix pups and a kitty that needed homes. And believe me, if this was my home they would have been sleeping in my bed that night! It did wonders for my pooch withdrawal. We played on the floor with these little angels the whole time. I didn't even mind the nips from their dagger teeth, one which even put a hole in the nail polish on one of my fingers - those things are sharp! They were so freakin cute.



Last night we went to see The Black Keys and My Morning Jacket at the Red Rocks Amphitheater. Other than the fact that the altitude is truly and noticeably in effect up there, it was awesome. We had to walk about a half a mile to get up to the amphitheater but once up there it was pretty freakin cool. I thought perhaps I was just the lazy ass that couldn't get all the way up without stopping every few yards or so until I realized even the little whipper snappers were having a hard time. Then I felt a little better about myself. We got some good shots:

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

My husband considers me part hippie but man, I've never seen so many hippie dippy doo's in all of my life. It was hilarious. We even left with a new joke...so hippilicious: "What did the baby cookie say to the mama cookie when it was sick?" - "Mommy, I feel crumby!" Oh yeah, hippie humor at it's best. Thanks silly hippie, thanks.

Anyway, I leave tomorrow and I'm so sad about it. I will be leaving the hubby for another two weeks. At least I get to be with the pooch when I get home, which is more than poor TSO will have. He has to be stuck with his stoopid co-workers. Oh well! Much more to anticipate, right?

That's all for me. Hope everyone is doing well. Hell, it's Friday, you should be!!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home