The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Well, I made it through the weekend, just barely. Kept myself busy and did things with friends. My neighbors even had me over for dinner one night, they are so sweet.

On Sunday, as Lucy and I were relaxing and she was hunkering down for nap number 6 of 50 for the day, I looked over at her and her face looked squashed. I just thought that she was leaning against the pillow. Then she lifted her head and her face didn't change shape. I went over to her an noticed what appeared to be a smuggled softball under Lucy's lip!

<span class=

I wasn't too concerned until I called the animal hospital and they freaked me out! They told me to bring her in right away because this was the sign of an allergic reaction and that her entire face could swell causing her to have breathing problems. DAMMIT! So much for relaxing today!

So, I spent 4 hours and $150+ for them to tell me that she probably got stung by a bee and they gave her a shot of Benedryl. I'm thankful she was okay but I spent the entire, beautiful day in the animal hospital waiting room - without my dog! Thank god I thought to bring a book before I left the house.

Yesterday we had a seafood feast at my parents house. It was so good, I literally had to roll myself home. And now, sadly, it's back to work. I can not even believe that Labor Day has come and gone. I swear it was just Memorial Day. I feel like I did nothing this summer and the time has just flown by. It's kind of sad really. I don't even want to think about the next time we get a long weekend. It will be cold by then. Ugghhh!

Anyway, thankfully it's already Tuesday. Only 3 more days of work. HA! I hope everyone had a great long weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, September 02, 2008, Blogger Osbasso said…

    Ack! Good thing you got her to the vet!

    You probably had nice weather for your long weekend... :-( Interesting note from our weatherman that I hadn't realized. We had rainy weekend for Memorial Day, the 4th, and Labor Day. So much for the three-days...

     
  • At 4:26 PM, September 03, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm glad you got her taken care of. It looks so uncomfortable!

     
  • At 8:09 AM, September 04, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Same thing happened to my dog once & by the time we saw the doc he was fine too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home