The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So I got home on Saturday and my Dad was kind enough to pick me up from the airport with the pooch in the car! She gave me tons of licks and her tail almost shattered the car window. It made me so happy!

Then I got home. And I realized that it's going to be just me and the pooch for the next two weeks and it made me sad. The damn tomato and basil plants look like they've been crying they're so droopy. I guess it decided not to rain one drop since we left and why I would think to ask someone to water our plants is a mystery to me. That would have been way to adult of me to do however...

We miss TSO. I know it will be fine and don't get me wrong, as much as he'll be missed, I am no fool. I do appreciate having time to myself and I feel like we manage to accommodate that on a regular basis when the hubby is home. There is a difference in knowing that he isn't home and won't be home for the next two weeks and there's nothing we can do about it.

We are trying to keep super busy and remember that every day apart is one day closer to when he comes home. Then we can get sick of each other and wish we could be apart. KIDDING!!! As sappy as this is going to sound, we don't generally feel that way when we're together. Because we're perfect, remember?

I have been a busy little bee since getting back, you like that don't you? I had a party to go to Saturday night when I got home, I had a shite load of laundry and a house to clean on Sunday. Monday was my sister and my MIL's birthday so that was a cluster. Tonight I'm hosting book club at my house. I decided the food theme would be Thai so I made yellow curry chicken with potatoes, a cold/spicy cucumber salad and will be making some (frozen from Trader Joe's) vegetable samosas and spring rolls when I get home for the grub portion of the "meeting". It's making my mouth water now. I can't wait.

Tomorrow night we are taking two girlfriend's out to dinner to celebrate their pregnancy, although, I don't know how much you can "celebrate" when you're knocked up, if you know what I mean. But hey, if they want to watch me knock back a few it's fine by me!

Thursday night I am either going to a professional football game or I'm playing in my own softball game. Haven't decided yet. And as busy as I'll be keeping myself all week...the long weekend looms and is making me sad. I guess I'll pass the time by walking the pooch and perhaps doing some other girlie things for ME! Mani - Pedi here I come!

I decided to go home for lunch today because ummm, I'm a slacker, and as I am driving home I hear this clickity clacking and my whole car is doing this little shimmy shake. My first thought was, "oh shit!" but I continued to drive home and figure it out. When i got there I examined my tire to find the biggest freakin nail/bolt whatever you want to call it, sticking into my tire! I swear it's the size of Rhode Island. Check it out:

teeny weeny

How I didn't feel it when I ran over this is beyond me. Unless someone decided to come put it in my tire when I was not in it. Otherwise I have no clue. Maybe I was rocking out in the car and just missed it, who knows?

Anyway, that will be keeping me busy tomorrow morning as I sit and wait for the tire guys to either plug it or come to me and say, sorry babe, you're out of luck and need a new tire, which, I know will be what happens but whatever!

Anyway, I hope that each and every one of you is having a blessed day. Peace out!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, August 27, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    You will be busy! Then again you always have something fun going on don't you!

    When my honey is gone I tend to keep myself as busy as possible too. For me that translates into home improvement projects. One time I painted my kitchen RED. It was beautiful with the white wainscoting (sp?) and white cabinets. Anyway...I understand your feelings on this one.

    Take care!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, August 27, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Wow you have a lot of stuff going on! You won't have time to miss him!

    So Lucy did well with the pet sitter? That is so great.

    Try to have a nice week girl!

     
  • At 5:04 PM, August 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh for crissakes, you're just horny. Buy some batteries.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, August 30, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Samosas...yum...it all sounds so good. Good luck with all your busyness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home