The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Well, I'm still away but I had some down time today and decided to check up on all of you and do a little update.

I started my trip with one of my best friends in Venice Beach, California. Holy crap we had a great time. We laid on the beach, we drank and ate too much, you know, all the normal stuff! I've been to Venice beach before but for some reason this trip was more enjoyable. I guess having a local with you helps. One of the best parts was the fact that we parked the car when we got home from the airport and didn't drive it again until we went back.

We rode bikes everywhere. I'm talking to happy hour, to go shopping, to dinner and yes, even out to the bars at night. It was awesome. I wish I could do that at home. We did some shopping and I even saw a "celebrity" while walking down main street in Santa Monica. For all of you ex-Melrose Place fans, like myself, I saw Rob Estes ! And damn, he's pretty hot in person. His eyes are amazing. Here is a pic for those of you unsure of who I speak:

Estes

We did a lot in L.A. but I won't bore you. Instead, here are some pic's:



www.flickr.com






Now I'm in Denver. Hmmm, what can I say about Denver? First and foremost I am with the hubby and that is the best thing about this place. The thing that is very disturbing to me about Denver is that it's very white. I want to know where they're hiding all the minorities. I come from a city nicknamed "Chocolate City" so being in such a "white city" is kind of freaking me out. And one last negative before I get to the good parts, this city will never be considered a fashion epicenter. If I see another white man with a tight, tucked in shirt or another person with stripes and flannel on I'm going to throw up. I know they have stores here, I even saw a Betsy Johnson boutique last night, so why isn't anyone shopping there? If anyone wants to start a makeover show, this is the place to do it! You would never run out of subjects that is fo shiz!

Now, the good stuff. So far they seem to have some decent shopping (that apparently only tourists take advantage of) and some very yummy food! Last night we went to the Cherry Cricket for burgers and holy crap were they good! I had a burger with herbed cream cheese, grilled onions and bacon on it! YUM. Afterward we went to a champagne bar. Anyone that knows me knows that I love my bubbly! It was called Corridor 44. That was fun too. Our hotel is awesome. They have a beer/wine happy hour every day in the lobby with hoer's de overes and a complimentary chair massage from one of the therapists from their Aveda spa. I mean, you can't beat that! I've done a little shopping so far and although I'm being lazy and still haven't gotten out yet today, I plan to! The weather has been PERFECT and that alone is a great thing! Here are some Denver pic's:



www.flickr.com







Anyway, I am going through severe pooch withdrawal but I have to tell you, I think one of the best decisions we made was hiring these house/dog sitters. They are awesome. They have even been sending us daily email updates on the status of the dog. That is very comforting and as sad as I'll be when I leave the hubby to go back home, I am really looking forward to seeing that little bitch.

Okay, that's all for now. Hope everyone is well. I am going to check up on you all now!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, August 20, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I guess I never noticed it before but you are right Denver is pretty white. If you were to be there a while I'm sure you'd find more diversity.

    I'm glad you are having fun! I wan to know though. What's with the dude in the pirate hat and the lovely teeth?

     
  • At 7:58 PM, August 20, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Ugh..you should see the fashion sense (or there lack of) around this town I live in. Apparently if you live on a farm...or close to one, you don't need to have anything in your wardrobe but flannel, ripped jeans and crocs...and you MUST sport the mullet or a camel toe.
    No jokes.

    Nice to see an update. Glad you are having fun! More pics of the hot pirate! LOL

     
  • At 3:20 AM, August 21, 2008, Blogger Jay said…

    I am vastly entertained by your thoughts on Denver - makes me almost want to see it myself!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, August 21, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I am glad you are having a nice time despite being in Denver ;) I really like the last picture you posted, two of your favorite things!

    It is really great that your pet sitter is keeping you so up to date! Have fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home