The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, August 07, 2008

So last night our pooch met her soon to be caretakers for the week when we're away. She immediately took to them. She played, she licked, she seemed very happy. They were very friendly and seemed to like our monster a lot. And, as the hubby put it, we can do nothing at this point but trust that they'll take care of her the way they say they will.

They are definitely dog lovers. I mean, I don't know why you'd do this type of work if you weren't, but it was evident that they were. They came in and got right down on the floor with our pooch to play. They let her lick them in the face and hands and all in all it was just a good experience.

Now I'm starting to feel depressed that we're leaving her. How ridiculous is that? I know I'm being silly. She's just a dog and she'll be just fine, and so will we, but I am a sap that way I guess! She is my furry baby you know!

lucy


Last night we went out for some awesome Italian food at this little local place that we love. I had the ravioli in a rose sauce! It was so good and someone just made something in my office that smells like Italian and I am dreaming about my dinner from last night now! I think I better go eat something!

Anyway, that's about all I have to say about that...hope y'all are having a great day!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, August 07, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I don't think you are silly with your feelings about Lucy. She's your fuzzy baby! She's a part of the family so it's understandable. I'm glad you found someone you trust to watch her. The first time will be the roughest. When you see that she came through it just fine it will get easier.

    Rose sauce? Never heard of it. Is it as good as blt's with remoulade sauce? Oh yeah, I followed the recipe you sent and it is so TASTY!

     
  • At 6:06 PM, August 07, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    That is a great picture of her! She is so shiny and pretty.

    I am glad she liked her caretakers- I just know she will be fine. You are totally justified in being worried, she is your baby! Just don't let it ruin your trip.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, August 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There will always be anxiety related to leaving the baby at home. I go through it if I'm even gone overnight. My BFF is a concierge/petsitter and I have wholehearted trust in those who choose to do that for a living.

     
  • At 9:55 PM, August 07, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    LUCY IS SO CUTE!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, August 10, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm SO GLAD the caretakers seem on the up and up and that the pooch took to them so well. I know you'll still worry (as I would), but I think ya did good, mama!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, August 10, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    If you get a good feeling then trust it :) Afterall she is your little bitch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home