The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh no she di'int...

OH YES I DID!

Last night I made Fried Green Tomato - BLT's!!! and let me tell you, they were freakin DELICIOUS!

Here are the steps I took in pictures:

Step 1: I made a fabulous Remoulade (recipe courtesy of a true New Orleans chef). It really made the sandwich and I will share if anyone would like it.

<span class=


Step 2: I cut up the fabulous green and yes, some yellow, tomatoes.





Step 3: Prepared an egg/buttermilk mixture and a mixture of flour, corn meal, salt & pepper for dipping.


ready for dipping


Step 4: After dipping the 'maters, I dropped them into some hot canola oil and flipped accordingly after about 1 - 2 minutes on each side.

Frying green tomatoes


Step 5: Voia la! Fried Green Tomatoes!

fried green tomatoes


Step 6: And the prepared sandwich consisting of remoulade, lettuce, fried green tomatoes, bacon and american cheese! YUM, YUM, YUM!

Sandwich 1


There was nothing left on the plate. Hubby and I ate them all up and then I was mad that I didn't make more. Hubby made sure that any left over tomatoes were quickly disposed of, down his gullet! I think I heard TSO say at one point, with a full mouth, "Vith is like the befth thing you've effer made"! That to me speaks volumes! I will fo shiz be making this again...

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home