The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This past weekend we had a cookout for all of our friends. One of the hubby's co-workers brought me these lovely sunflowers. Aren't they purdy?





It was fun for all of our friends to see the hanging sheets display from our crazy next door neighbor. We, in our usual way, made WAY too much food and now have enough left over for an army. We literally sent about 15 guests home with ribs that we grilled and still had a ton left over. I guess it's better to have too much rather than not enough but I really need to learn how to gauge portion sizes and how much to make for a certain number of guests. I think it's in my blood because my family does the exact same thing when they have parties...

The hubby will be traveling for about 3 weeks for work in August/September and I will be joining him for a week during the trip. I'm heading out to L.A. to see one of my best girlfriends then off to Denver to see TSO. I am excited for the trip BUT, I am really nervous about finding care for our pooch!

We've never boarded her before so I'm really trying to do my homework as to what constitutes a good place to leave her. I want it to be a place where they really care about dogs, where she'll get lots of exercise and fresh air, where they'll treat her right and she'll come home happy and healthy. Our problem is that we spoil the hell out of this dog (I know you're all surprised by this). She's our baby and I'm not so sure I can trust anyone to really take care of her the way we would. I mean, for god's sake, I could barely trust my sister to take care of her!

We're investigating a few places right now so I hope it all works out. If it doesn't I guess I'll either have a 70 pound lab in my luggage or I'll be eating a $520 plane ticket. Yikes!

Anyway, I hope that everyone is having a lovely week. I wish I had more to talk about but I guess my life is very boring these days. You'd think the summer would be action packed...wow, I'm lame! Have a great Wednesday Everyone!!

Here are some pictures of the pooch...

"Hi, I'm a princess!"



"I like to eat sticks...YUM!"


5 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, July 16, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    bring her to Texas and she can stay with Rudy and Sammy - they would have a blast!!!!

    the trip sounds fun!

     
  • At 10:40 AM, July 17, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Sound fun!

    We're trying to plan a trip out to the west coast for a couple weeks and trying to figure out what to do with Cooper is stressing me out!

     
  • At 2:21 PM, July 17, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I've lived in Cali and Denver! My joke is that we don't go on vacations, we just move there instead.

    You'll find a good place for your pup. Doing your homework is the right way to go.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, July 17, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Like Cold said, bring her to Texas. She can stay with Cold's dogs a while and then come eat sticks with Daisy!

    In all seriousness, we boarded Daisy with our vet when we were in NC. I know they care about dogs! And it was pretty darn cheap, too.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, July 17, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    By the way, I'm estellasrevenge on goodreads! E-mail: trippingtowardlucidity (at) yahoo (dot) com.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home