The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It was a good weekend. I went to the nursery with mom and sister on Saturday and replenished some herb plants that drowned where I originally had them planted in the garden. So now I have what looks to be a basil bush and a rosemary shrub in pots on the front stoop. I plan to keep this lot alive and healthy since the last group shriveled up!








We have tons of tomatoes popping up, just not turning red or yellow. They're all still green. According to the man at the nursery, the Eastern shore of Maryland's "myth" is that once we get the first full moon of the summer the tomatoes turn red and are plentiful. We'll see if he's right. I think, according to my calendar, the first full moon is supposed to be on Thursday - I'll take pic's and let you know what happens. We also finally have some yellow peppers growing so that's fun. I just can't wait to eat the fruits of our labor.

Hubby and I went to a crab feast on Saturday and the crabs were SO GOOD. Now, you know that I generally don't like to post pictures of myself, let alone my family/friends, but this one I just could not resist. This is a nephew experiencing his first taste of Maryland crabs, and from the looks of it, he's enjoying them! And so is his shirt...






On Sunday I made a bag for myself, which surprised both TSO and myself since I generally don't make things for myself. I usually make things to fulfill orders or as gifts to other people. I made it reversible as you can see from the second picture. And I made it BIG so I can use it over the summer for work, the beach, outings, whatever!










The only problem is that I didn't enforce the sides with anything so they're limp. I am going to have to somehow, without completely destroying the bag, rip open the seems on both sides and insert a plastic piece to keep the bag sturdy. Since it's just for me I don't care if it's a little jacked up, as long as I'm not selling it the quality can suffer a bit.

Anyway, that's about it! Hope everyone else had a great weekend. Come back for some Lucy pic's later this week. I took some GREAT one's last night...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home