The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This morning Lucy and I had a little photo shoot in the front yard. She sat there looking pretty while I got attacked by mosquito's. It is really sick how many there are in my area and how quickly I get bitten up. I hate them and they're everywhere! They gross me out more than fly's or any other type of bug because I always think about the fact that they can spread diseases and those things LOVE me for some reason. I literally was outside for 5 minutes and came in with about 10 bites, maybe more. Anyway, here is the little princess looking all proper and beautiful:

www.flickr.com





I also got to check on my garden, which, just as Danjeruskurves once stated, "will grow like weeds", is doing just that! I had to cut the netting around the top of the tomato plants because they are literally growing through it and straining the plants. Every morning I come out and there is at least another inch or two of growth. It's amazing. By the end of the summer I might be hanging out with a mean giant that lives up in the clouds!

I also took some shots of the action going on in the garden. Looks like we have about 4 or 5 tomatoes coming in nicely. Some are going to be yellow and I'm excited about that. Yellow tomatoes are so yummy and home grown anything just tastes so much better. I also have about 4 cayenne peppers growing away. I can't believe how quickly they went from tiny little flowers to long, green peppers. I'm so excited for all of it. I just wish my basil wouldn't have drowned but I suppose I can just grow it in a pot on my front porch to A.) keep the mosquitos away, and B.) I can bring it in and out of the house depending on the weather so it will stay alive.

Okay, here are some boring pictures of my foliage. Try to contain your excitement:



www.flickr.com




Anyway, hope you all are having a great day. It's absolutely beautiful outside today. Low humidity and not a cloud in the sky. God I love the Spring/Summer! Hooray for global warming.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, June 11, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Lucy's coat is so glossy! She's beautiful.

    On a whim I threw some green onions, lettuce, and green been seeds in pots on Friday. They are already sprouting! I love gardening, each day there are so many changes.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, June 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! If anybody knows about things that grow an inch or six rapidly, it's me! ;) . . . but aside from my juvenile humour, Lucy looks just adorable, and the plants look smashing. Good job!! :D

     
  • At 11:33 PM, June 14, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Lucy is looking particularly gorgeous!

    And yay for homegrown plants! Of my herbs the sun has pretty much zapped the coriander and dill, but my chives and basil are going strong. I'm gonna go for the porch thing with the coriander and dill soon. Our tomatoes are coming along, too, as are the peppers, potatoes, peas, and all the other goodies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home