The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Pardon my language, but it is Fucking beautiful out today! When I left the house the sky was so blue, not a cloud in sight. The temperature was just about perfect, I don't think there is an ounce of humidity in the air. The smell of flowers and the spring breeze was all around me. I thought I felt a twinge of a "cold" coming on. Then I remembered that I had to work. Booo!

We have another huge set of meetings coming up tomorrow and Thursday at work and I have to be in my office to help set up no later than about 7am the next couple of days. OY! I'm dreading it. That also means that I probably have to get up at 5:30am in order to get here on time. I think this might constitute a day off, preferably Friday! I need to get my hair done and that might just have to be the day. And to be honest, I think I deserve it, don't you? Let's hope my bosses agree.

So, I've discovered a new store that I am completely in love with. The store is called World Market, have you heard of it? Does everyone have them in their area? They're awesome!! I even took the hubby with me and HE loves it, which if you are from this planet and know any men is pretty much unheard of, unless you're talking about a car parts store or sex shop...I don't know about yours, but my man doesn't list "shopping" as one of his favorite things to do.

So, I've been getting ad's for the World Market for at least a year or two until I finally discovered one in my area about 4 months ago. Since moving offices, I've now discovered that there is a location about 2 blocks away from me now and let me tell you, it's dangerous because not only do they sell everything I love, they also sell international beer and wine at a very reasonable price!! I've had to limit myself to a twice a month visit or I'll go broke.

I seriously get every gift I need to buy there, unique international foods, cool jewelry, yummy wines and beers, furniture, candles, stuff for the grill, stuff for the deck, stuff for the house, stuff for the pooch...Oh my god! It's never ending! They are like a more reasonably priced Pier 1, Pottery Barn, Home Goods and Target all thrown together with the addition of some great food and drink! If you haven't been, you must go. I just hope they are thriving when and if our house is ever done being renovated so I can get everything there! They have an amazing wood sleigh bed that would look great in my room for just $329!!! That same bed is probably $3,000 at Pottery Barn, just for the name.

Anyway, enough of my endless blabber about a store. You'd think I own stock in the place. Hmmm, maybe that's something to look into.

Okay, well, I hope that everyone has a lovely day! I need to go get some fresh air and enjoy some of this perfect weather that is so not gonna last!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home