The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, June 16, 2008

Lucy


Today is our long legged little monster's birthday!!! That's right, Lucy is now one year old! My little baby is growing up so fast. I left her this morning with a big, juicy, meaty, raw ham bone to chomp on.

Our little pooch is really beginning to calm down. Maybe not to the naked eye but to hubby and I for sure. We can tell that her adolescent behaviors are getting a little less "violent". Not as much jumping, not as much craziness. But, one day she'll come into the room, plop down on the floor and have no energy to play. And we'll ask ourselves, "where did our crazy little puppy go?" So for now I will enjoy her every day and not concern myself with her puppiness. We sure do love our little bitch!

Our weekend was good. We had to make the rounds with all the dad's but believe me, we're not complaining. Some people aren't lucky enough to have one dad, let alone the 3 we have between us. Father's Day is always great because the women in the family do the cooking. And, no offense men, but when the women are cooking, you're in for some good grub (generally)!

We did brunch in the morning at my dad's house with all of the traditional breakfast goodies...YUM. And then for dinner with hubby's family we had ribs, lobster tails, and a ton of other yummy stuff. The hubby even made a specialty pomegranate punch that was SO tasty!

It was a great weekend all in all. Now it's Monday, booo! At least it's warm out and really, I have nothing to complain about (surprise, surprise). I hope you all had a great weekend too.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, June 16, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Daisy is at six months on Wednesday, and I can tell that *some* of her puppy habits are subsiding. It's not impossible to get her on the leash, she doesn't bite the crap out of me quite as much, and I know I'll miss it all one day. hehe

     
  • At 2:57 PM, June 17, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Happy Birthday Lucy!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, June 23, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Happy birthday to poochie!

    I'm going to slobber all over my friend's dog today in Lucy's honor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home