The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

stuff...


Wow, I feel like I haven't posted in quite some time. I guess I really haven't. So, I'll start with this weekend. On Saturday we went to the Nat's game and sat about 4 rows behind home plate. It was kind of awesome. It was a perfect night out. Probably in the high 70's/low 80's and not a lick of humidity. A perfect night for a ball game, even if our team is horrendous!




On Sunday evening I went to a wedding of a former high school friend. There were over 400 guest there! And I thought my wedding was big...He is Pakistani so the event was quite interesting. It was really neat to see all of the women in their traditional garb. The beautiful fabrics with the elaborate beading and colors was just brilliant.






And the biggest news of the weekend is that our next door neighbors called animal control on us. YES, THEY CALLED ANIMAL CONTROL!!!!





On Sunday afternoon the pooch was out front on her run and hubby was hanging out with her. Suddenly hubby comes in to tell me that there is an animal control truck outside of our house. I thought maybe there was a stray fox running around and they came to alert us or something of that nature. I waited a few minutes then I thought, I better go see what's going on.

Once outside I listen to hubby speaking with the officer. Apparently our next door neighbor (they didn't tell us who called but we know who it is because they are fucking weirdo's) complained that, get this, they are "afraid of our dog"!!!! I'm sure when the officer pulled up he was expecting a growling, slobbering, scary big dog. Instead he got Lucy who sauntered over to him, tail wagging, butt shaking, and licked his hands clean!!!

He observed that our back yard is fenced and when she's in the front yard, Lucy is always either on her leash or on her run and assured us that there was no violation on our part. He also told us that no matter how "scared" our neighbors are of our dog, she has every right to be in HER yard whenever she wants. Until she attacks them, bites them or does something of that nature, which if you knew Lucy, you'd know just isn't going to happen unless you are physically attacking her mama, then they have nothing to "complain" about. Hubby later called animal control just to make sure that we had nothing to worry about and that no one was going to show up to take our pooch away and they assured us that we were 100% in the clear.

My problem is, who the hell calls animal control on their NEXT DOOR neighbors without ever talking to them about the situation first? I mean, I had no idea they were scared of Lucy. If I did, perhaps I could have accommodated them by making sure Lucy was inside when they take their dog out or what have you. I mean, nothing like building the bridge for neighbor relations! And what is your motive when you call animal control? Isn't that a last resort? Don't you call animal control when you want to get a dog taken away? The more I think about it the more pissed I get!

These assholes have a dog that they take out in their FENCED back yard with a LEASH ON! They NEVER take their dog for walks. Honestly, I feel bad for their pooch. Lucy barks incessantly when they are out at the same time because she wants SO badly to play with their dog but they refuse to let them "meet" and have a little sniff. I am almost certain that if they let that happen it would solve Lucy's barking problem. The funny thing is, they are the only people period that Lucy ever barks at. I guess she senses how much they suck. Dogs are pretty smart you know!

Anyway, it's on now. They have officially started a war. Instead of taking Lucy in when they're outside I plan to leave her out there and I hope she barks her face off. I mean, she's such a scary, scary dog. I think we'll change her name to KILLER!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, June 24, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm SO glad I didn't call about that neighbors cats now! HA ha ha!
    (After taking up a brief residence under our truck they have since moved on to happier hunting grounds.)

    I bet the wedding was fun! I don't have any friends from interesting places like that. BAH!

    Missed you. Just thought you should know.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, June 24, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    It was probably an irate neighbour from your neighbourhood party back in May who was pissed they didn't get one of your mini shrimp tacos!

    LOSERS.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, June 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I Love Lucy ... but you must have nerves of steel to be able to withstand more than five seconds of barking!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, June 25, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    People like that are just insane...I'm glad you're fighting back...they should have come to you 1st so you could have laughed in their faces.

    I just read an article about how nice your Nats new park is & how they will eventually spruce up SE DC.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home