The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, June 09, 2008

weekend


It was a beautiful weekend, other than the 900 degree temperatures.

On Friday evening the hubby and I headed to the beach. We met some of my family down there and had a nice evening. On Saturday we enjoyed a perfect day on the beach. The weather was nothing short of brilliant. No humidity, probably in the 80's, a cool breeze blowing and not a cloud in the sky.

Saturday afternoon we headed to a family graduation party out at my uncle's farm. We got to visit with his beautiful horses but let me tell you, once we left the cool ocean breezes and headed inland, the heat was almost unbearable. There wasn't a breeze to save your life. The temperatures in the sun were in the 100's and the humidity was stifling! Not sweating was not an option. It just poured out of everyone uncontrollably. But, it was still a lovely party and thankfully, they had a tent and a large industrial fan.



After the party, hubby and I headed back toward home but we made a pit stop for some delicious steamed crabs out on Kent Island first! They were so yummy. The restaurant we were at that is right on the bay was lovely. All of the "windows" consist of garage style doors so the air just flowed freely off the water. It was cool and relaxing.




After crabs we headed to pick up our pooch, who we missed terribly. That little bitch is so lovable, even if she really is trying to kill me. Since the bloody nose and broken finger/hand this month she decided to head butt me the other evening. I ended up with a cut on the bridge of my nose and a swollen nose/eye...I swear, if anyone didn't know I had a crazy pooch they would for sure think I was being beat. Anyone that does know me knows that if a man ever laid a finger on me I would chop his nuts off.

Yesterday I met the girls at the pool for our "book club and a tan" meeting. We talked about the book (Possessions by A.S. Byatt) for approximately 4 minutes. Then we drank mimosas, ate lots of yummy meats, cheeses, fruits and veggies, and sat in the pool with our drinks as we tried to stay cool in the unbearable heat. It was great!

When I took Lucy outside at about 7am this morning it was already sweltering outside. I tried to hang out in the sun, thinking it would feel great, and I had to get my butt into the shade. I also saw a deer jump so high over the fence, it looked like she was flying. It is kind of cool to see the wild life we have right behind our house when we're so close to the city. I love it, even though I feel bad because we're depleting their habitat, that's why we see them so frequently...

I hope everyone is staying cool and having a great Monday!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, June 09, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Yup, my weekend blew because of this gawd awful heat. Horrible! Every time I took Daisy out I ended up drenched in my own sweat. SO not attractive.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, June 09, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    It's been pretty hot here too...can't help but sweat it out! Hmmm..I wonder if it's possible to sweat my butt off literally...

    Beautiful horse! :)

     
  • At 11:20 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Sounds like a great weekend...I hope the heat breaks tomorrow like they said it would...I don't think I can stand it one more day either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home