The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, April 03, 2008

So, sadly, a deranged father decided to take his 3 children to a hotel in Baltimore this past Sunday and murdered them all. Then he made an ill attempt at his own life, coward! This family also happened to live in my neighborhood. Apparently he and his wife were going through a messy divorce/custody battle and his solution was to kill all of their kids.

I just don't get it. How on earth could you murder your own children? How mentally fucked up do you have to be to physically harm the people that you created? I couldn't hurt my dog let alone the product of what once must have been a loving union. Can you imagine wanting to hurt your ex so bad that you would take the lives of all of your kids? I just don't understand why you would want to live after all of this. I am no proponent of suicide (or murder for that matter) but why didn't he just end his own life? And how, as a mother, could you ever recover from this? I just can't imagine healing no matter how much love and support I had. I am just at a loss with this. I wish I could stop thinking about it but this is a tough one. It just weighs on you.

Our neighborhood is trying to come up with something to do to honor these poor little souls. I think the consensus is that we are going to start a collection for a new piece of playground equipment and 3 trees planted in honor of these children in the neighborhood park. I think this sounds like a really nice tribute. This whole thing really just makes me sick to my stomach.

On a much lighter note, today is my Friday, thank God. Hubby, Pooch and I will be heading down the road early tomorrow morning to the beach. I am so looking forward to it. This has been a really frustrating week at work and I'm ready for it to be over. I have also come to the conclusion that I did not take nearly enough time off in between jobs. I should have taken a little more time. I admit the double pay checks were lovely but I think taking a little bit more time for me would have been nice. Now I just come home every day feeling like there are just not enough hours in the day...I'm praying that this weekend rejuvenates me...I need to come back refreshed and in a better mood.

Hug the one's you love today and I hope you all have a great weekend! XO

4 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, April 03, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    What a horrid thing to do. I can't imagine being so screwed up I'd kill my own children. They would be the constant in his life without his wife. What a tragedy.

    On a happier note I hope you have a lovely time with your honey. Drive safe!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, April 03, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    My God, how crazy. I think the tribute you all came up with sounds really beautiful and touching. A nice way to honor those little souls.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, April 04, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    The thought just makes me sick. You can't describe the love you have for your kids, there just isn't words. I just don't understand how someone could even think of doing this.

    What a beautiful memorial that would be :)

     
  • At 10:48 PM, April 07, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    I couldn't even finish reading that 1st part...it's beyond comprehension.

    Have a great time at the beach!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home