The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, March 31, 2008

Ugghh, it's Monday and it is exactly what it should be...it's raining, it's grey and dark outside. I'm sleepy and BLAH!

Almost everyone in my office is out at a conference so it's so quiet and boring here. I guess I should look at this as a good thing because I don't have to deal with anyone today.

We went to a Birthday party on Saturday. My cousin's son turned one. Lucy had a great time running around and playing with my parent's dog, and eating everything that the kids dropped on the ground. I think I saw her eating popcorn, a hamburger bun, grilled peppers from someone's sausage, a piece of a cheeseburger, cotton candy and a stick. That might explain why she was shitting blood again on Sunday, but, I'm not sure...This poor dog, I swear, it's like she hasn't had time to heal from the last bout of intestinal problems and here we go again. Hey, at least she had fun eating all of that garbage. We took her food away from her yesterday so when I fed her boiled chicken and rice this morning she ate it like the Tasmanian Devil. I swear, there was rice all over my kitchen...

Thank God, I took Friday off this week and we're going down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina to help TSO's parents get their house ready for the rental season. I just wish we were going alone! I don't mean that the way it sounds. I just would rather spend a long weekend with my husband and my dog doing nothing at the beach than working on the house. But, I'm sure there's not much to do, they keep that house in great condition throughout the year so we'll be in good shape. Then we can go play on the beach with the pooch!

Okay, now I'm going to listen to Howard Stern and pretend to do some work! Yayy

3 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, March 31, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    It's a scandal that I actually live in NC but have never been to the Outer Banks! Gah! Have fun, though. In spite of the prep, that is.

    Hope Lucy's maladies don't last much longer! I know the pup (and you) are ready for health.

    Daisy inaugurate her Kong this weekend, and I think it's love.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, March 31, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    A long weekend with the hubster does sound nice. Wanna babysit? *wink*

     
  • At 9:37 AM, April 01, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    A weekend away (even with some work and family!) sounds divine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home