The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

uuggh, so this Saturday one of my best friend's father died of a massive heart attack while on vacation in Florida...How unbelievably sad and scary is that? I have just felt heart sick about this since finding out. I think mainly because it brings the reality that this could happen to any one of us or our parents at any time.

Life is just so short. You really never know when it's your time and that scares the hell out of me. I don't think dying is sad or scary because I was taught that where we're going is much better than any place on earth. But, it's just so sad for the people that are left behind to mourn their loss. I mean, I have to be honest, I don't know if I'm emotionally stable enough to experience the loss of one of my parents EVER. I don't even want to think about when that time comes. I know we are strong and we get through these things but I don't know how nor do I want to think about it.

Okay, new subject. I can't deal with that one anymore...BUT in keeping with the same theme, I have been thinking about our little Nola a lot lately. For those of you that don't remember, she's the pooch that we lost last August.

It's weird how these things happen but for some reason she's been everywhere lately. Last week as I was watching Lucy get out of control happy when Daddy came home from work one evening I suddenly remembered how Nola used to wag her tail so viciously when we'd come home that her whole body would be moving. It was the cutest thing. Then, without ever expressing this out loud, TSO started talking about her at dinner that same night. The next day one of our neighbors accidentally called Lucy "Nola", which does not offend me what so ever, I have done it myself, but man was she embarrassed...The day after that I was visiting my MIL and she asked me if we ever talk about Nola. And so on and so forth. Things like that have been happening continuously for the last two weeks.

Maybe it's a sign that I really should open the indoor dog park..? Maybe I should name it after Nola as a tribute.

Anyway, welcome to Tuesday, and being an adult...Neither one of them is much fun!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, March 11, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Funny how things cluster up like that, huh?

    And an indoor dog park???!!! Briiillllliant!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, March 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's only been 3.5 months since my Jazzie died and not a day passes that I don't think about him ... or speak out loud to him ... or feel horribly guilty for his soulmate Sugar to have to go on without him. He visits me in my dreams sometimes and it is just so very real. Fuck, now I'm tearing-up at work. Gotta go.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, March 11, 2008, Blogger Osbasso said…

    I've never really been a fan of being an adult.

    Email me. I need your addy.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, March 11, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    You should open up that dog park for sure! I would love to do that myself, but I like the idea of an indoor/outdoor one because the thought of training dogs to pee inside sort of scares me. I know they do it at the PetsMart locations, but it is a concern. I have put a ton of thought into it if you do decide to do it!!!

    As for the first part of your post, amen sistah. It sucks and it is soooooo difficult, but we do what we have to do and life goes on I suppose. It does suck, and I live in fear of losing my mom every day- we are super close. Of course I was super close to my dad as well and I made it through that (somewhat.) Getting older and having to worry about this stuff sucks!

    Happy thoughts your way!

     
  • At 1:15 PM, March 12, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm like you. Death itself isn't what scares me. It's the aftermath of losing someone you love.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, March 12, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    It's scary to think of losing anyone we love. My dad died of a massive heart attack/stroke when I was nine. I don't want to even think about losing my mom!

    You know the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of an indoor dog park. If it works out, I could open a branch of "Nola's" up here! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home