The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, March 07, 2008

Is it really Friday already? Halleluya!!! I don't know that I've ever said that in my life, except for maybe when I've been on vacation or something...This has just been one of the weirdest weeks...I don't even know what day it is. I have definitely been busy.

So I have some news that quite possibly only the women will appreciate. I fit in my size 7 jeans again!!! I haven't fit into my size 7 jeans in a very long time. I'm not sure how much weight I've lost exactly, I go to the doc's next week - I don't keep a scale in my house, but it's about 25 pounds at this point. I am very proud of myself! Yipee...

And as a reward, the gods sent me a book of McDonald's coupons in the mail! It's like some sick joke...But don't you for one minute think that I am not going to use them. I don't do it often, but I do need some McDonald's now and then. And I want it super sized, double sized, extra cheese, extra fries, extra sauced up! I love how everyone knocks McDonalds but honestly, I like it. I mean, we all know that you're not supposed to eat there every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, that's a given. But I have always liked McD's and I don't think that will ever change, no matter how much bad press they get. I mean, is there anything more "American" than McDonalds? As long as they keep selling burgers and the best damn french fries in the world, AND worthless yet irresistable happy meal toys, they're not going anywhere! No matter how much the health nuts bash them...

So yeah, when I get done with the coupon book I'll let you know how much I gained back...

I found out this week that I am getting a fairly substantial (before Uncle Sam kills it) bonus from my old job which is a complete surprise to me. I never thought in a million years they would "do the right thing," as it were, and give us the bonuses we earned before being laid off. I won't say my faith has been restored in humanity but money is money and I'll take it!

No real plan for this weekend and that feels good! I hope you all have something fun planned. Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, March 07, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I am so jealous of the weight loss and the bonus!!! Are you going to do something fun with it?

    Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, March 07, 2008, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    CH - I'm gonna get the check cashed in one dollar bills then I'm gonna roll joints with each one and smoke them. HA HA...just kidding. I will be doing something much more lame and adult-like. I'll be saving it so I can use it towards our impending home renovation - if it ever happens :O)

     
  • At 2:42 PM, March 07, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Congrats on the weight loss! I definitely need some pointers because I'm definitely not shrinking over here. And I love McD's too. I even show Super Size Me to my classes, but I still need a nugget fix occasionally. And the breakfast biscuits...YUM!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, March 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    25 pounds? did you cut off one boob?

     
  • At 11:07 PM, March 07, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Congratulations on losing the weight! I'm somewhere around 25 lbs lost too. It just depends on what day it is! HA! As for the size seven jeans....I think the last time I wore that size I was a fetus!

    Congrats on the bonus AND the coupons! Woo hoo!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, March 08, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Wow! Well done on the weight loss!! One day I'd like to fit back into a size 7!

    It has to be said that I myself enjoy some McDonalds once and awhile. We rarely rarely ever eat fast food, but sometimes I just want some of their fries! Mmmmmm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home