The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Oh holy lord, thank you for making me FINALLY fell better.

I went home a little early from work yesterday and slept for a couple of hours. I had the weirdest dreams but when I woke up I felt a million times better!

My wonderful husband took me out to dinner last night to a Belgian restaurant that we love. It was phenomenal! Then we came home and watched Anthony Bourdain and I went to bed. I got a great night's sleep and I feel great today. THANKFULLY! I don't know if I could have taken another day of that. Plus, if I did, I think I would have started wondering if it was something else. As one of my girlfriends asked, are you pregnant? And no, I'm not!

It is over 70 degrees here today! It was close yesterday - high 60's. I'm sure tomorrow it will snow. March in D.C. is the kookiest month in terms of weather. One day it feels like summer, the next day we have 3 feet of snow. As a matter of fact, the biggest snow storms I can remember around here have been in March. And everyone wonders why the flu is running rampant in this area...

We have the prettiest little spring flowers popping up in our yard. This morning I took little Lucy out to check them out. She likes to sniff the flowers, it's so cute. And I assumed that she'd do that today but instead she came and ate them! She killed our first little flowers...oh well! I do see lots and lots of sprouts of daffodils in our yard though. I can't wait until they bloom. They make me so happy!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back on earth. I hope everyone is having a great day!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, March 04, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Welcome back to earth ;)

    Yesterday it was 12C and tonight we are suppose to get one hell of a snowstorm with freezing rain too. I wish I could say we had pretty little flowers, but we honestly have like 4 feet of snow on our lawns..so who knows what's underneath!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, March 05, 2008, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Sassy - you never know, there may be a pretty little garden growing under all that snow ;O)

     
  • At 11:57 AM, March 05, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    My daffodils are already blooming. Not to mention the petunias and azaleas. WHAT? I'm just sayin.

    I'm glad you are feeling better. I didn't even realize you were in the picture below this post. I only saw the dog at first! Take care!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, March 06, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Glad you're feeling better. And Daisy eats flowers, too. Ironically enough given her name and all. Dandelions are her favorite thus far, but I feel sorry for the tulips when they bloom.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, March 06, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Glad you're feeling better...gotta love flower eating pups : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home