The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, October 01, 2007

So today is supposed to be my "official" first day of severance/no more work. Just like I thought, I haven't heard a fucking word from the Human Resources dept at my old job. Nice huh? I'm so annoyed but there is nothing I can do but harass them over email and by phone. I guess I have to start the stalking now...

In the same vein, I tried to apply for unemployment on-line 5 times last week and every time it gave me an error message that "the session had timed out". It took me less than 3 minutes each time to insert all of my information and hit submit so I don't know what's up with that but it's pissing me off too. That also means that I have to call them and that is my worst nightmare, well, beyond actually having to go there in person, but still. OY!

I got an awesome new sewing machine for my birthday so while I'm off I plan to work on some bags, etc...I also have a new pair of jeans that I love but they are too long, as are most pants I try on b/c I am SHORT! So I am going to try to hem them with my new fancy machine. I might end up with a pair of jean shorts. HA!

Anyway, it's Monday. That's all I got!

8 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM, October 01, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Gah- aren't you glad you don't have to work for those bastards anymore!?!?!?!

    The new sewing machine sounds fantastic, I would love to have one as well, but I know it would just collect dust in the corner along with my scrapbooking supplies and cross stitch stuff :)

    We need more puppy pics!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, October 01, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I hate hemming up pants! I suck at it.

    Stalk those human resource people. You do it girl!

     
  • At 8:42 PM, October 01, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    It was just one of "those" days around here!

     
  • At 9:49 PM, October 02, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    Good luck with the pants...could you shorten mine too?

     
  • At 11:38 AM, October 04, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    When you figure out that hemming business let me know. I've got a stack you can do! Oh the joys of having weenie dog legs (or so the bf says of me).

     
  • At 3:48 PM, October 04, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    blogger is being weird, where are you?

     
  • At 9:13 AM, October 07, 2007, Blogger peachy said…

    Congrats on getting a new dog. It took me forever to find her name. I like Lucy. For humans and dogs. I am Sam anyone?
    Sorry you got laid off, but I'm glad you're reveling in it. There is no time to be sad. I don't know why people think that getting laid off is the end of the world. Anyway..enjoy your free time.
    Oh, and happy anniversary. I miss so much now that I'm not a full time blogger. Hope you're well.

    Peachy

     
  • At 11:56 PM, October 08, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I miss you. *tears tears*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home