The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So it's a done deal...My last day at my company is October 1st and I am not complaining one bit. I am actually very happy and just so glad that I finally KNOW what's going on. Most of my colleagues are contractually obligated to stay until December 31st which is completely brutal if you ask me. I don't know if they took pity on me or if the incessant bitching to my HR robot last week did the trick for me to get out earlier but a lot of my co-workers are very jealous.

So, I got a severance package and it's pretty fair. I was also told that if I found another position within the company I was allowed to stay or come back at a later date. I'm just not too sure I want to work for this company anymore. It just isn't the place it used to be and the people that are running the show over there are not the kind of people I want to work for...ever!

I spent from about 3pm - 10pm at the pub with my entire team. Some people were sad. I honestly don't have the energy to be sad about this anymore. I am very, very happy to be honest. On the way home I stopped at McDonald's. I felt like it was just one of those "special" occasions that deserved a late night McDonald's meal. And let me tell you, it was good.

So, there we have it. It's all good in the hood. Now, if anyone wants a shopping buddy or someone to play hooky with, just give me a call, I'll be around! Why this couldn't happen during the summer is just a travesty because I could have spent the whole time at the beach or pool but I guess I can't have everything my way...

7 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, September 11, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I need a shopping buddy....



    I'm glad you finally know what's going on. Waiting can by agony! I bet you'd be surprised to find what's out there waiting for you! I bet your new job will be better than the last one. Personal shopper could be a good one!*wink*

     
  • At 12:26 PM, September 11, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    sweet, i wish I was there to come shopping with you!

     
  • At 1:28 PM, September 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    come to vancouver we can do it up!

    i am really glad it is all sorted out and you are outta there that was a big bunch of BS!!!! and it was a pile of stupid not needed stress. to be honest it think you handled yourself very well situations like that suck.

    you are linked in todays post because it is all about LOVE! :)

     
  • At 2:01 PM, September 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm thinking a weekend trip to Houston would be a fun thing to while away some time . . .

     
  • At 4:59 PM, September 11, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    I think you're all right! I think I need lots of trips to lots of bloggie friend's towns while I'm off! that would be KILLER!!!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, September 13, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm glad you feel good, and I feel good for you! What a weight off the shoulders, yes? My mom went through something similar with her company of TWENTY SIX YEARS. They gave her a really nice package, but she switched utility companies immediately (her own private rebellion). I definitely understand your not being interested in working for the company in any capacity anymore.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, September 15, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    I'm glad you are looking at things so positively! You have to be happy at work...we spend too much time there to be miserable. I'm sure something better awaits you!

    Hmmm...if could use some help with diapers in mid December! Ohhh better yet, the husband can do that and we could shop!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home