The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, September 28, 2007

So Yesterday was my Bee-day. The hubby...ohhh that hubby. If I didn't know better I'd think he had a girlfriend on the side he was feeling bad about. Okay kidding, I hope! He has always been the sweetest of the sweet but I swear, with every year I spend with him he just keeps getting better. God he better not turn out to be gay...

Last night, well today...at midnight The Hubbster gave me an amazing card and beautiful flowers. Awwww...then, as I'm cutting the ends off the flowers and digging under the sink for a vase I hear a creeeaaaking noise.

ME: Ummm...was that the door?
Hubby: No it was Jimmy Kimmel
ME: No, I swear I heard the...
DOOR: soft knock, knock, knock...
ME: Yep! It's the door

I opened the door to find two of my younger sisters and two of their friends. They were driving a friend home and decided to drive by to wish me a happy birthday. They are nuts and the sweetest! Seeing as it was officially the date of my birth for approximately 7 minutes, I seemed to be off to a good start.

I woke up and hung out with the pup, drank my coffee, remembered how good time off can be... The Sweet One made me a massage appointment at 2pm and let me tell you, it was needed and AMAZING. Heavenly. I felt great afterward. I came home and relaxed then got ready for din din. TSO took me to a super yummy, popular sushi place in DC. Everything we had was deelish, and not too pricey, which made me feel a little better. After dinner we stopped at a bar in Dupont Circle to meet some of my girlfriends that were out drinking and celebrating another friend's belated birthday. It was so crowded and such a scene. Perfect for just one drink. Came home to a crying pooch, we think there was a big storm that scared her. Anyway, once we got her calmed down we hunkered down with some wine and other good things and watched The Office. Ahhh...another great birthday. If you're any younger than I am you are probably thinking, "wow, what a lame birthday". Well, I must really be getting old because I thought it was PERFECT. I'm a lucky, lucky girl!

Hope you all had a good day too.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home