The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

So, last night a friend and ex co-worker of mine did my Astral- Tarot reading...

Now, I'm not overly religious but I also have been taught, and just as a rule for myself, not to really "believe" in that stuff only because I feel like a lot of times people hear their readings and then they try to make things happen that they've been told may be coming into their lives, etc. Some people get a little wrapped up in it and take it way too seriously.

Well, it was really cool. I almost started crying three times. I know, I'm a dork, but some of it was just really nice and reassuring. I was told things about my immediate past and future. I was told things about my work situation. I was told things about my husband and our relationship. Business ventures and money, whether or not I'll have children, etc. I did make it a point to steer clear of and not get any "readings" on my parents, hubby's parents, etc. in terms of health, death, etc. Those are things I just can't deal with, true or not. I don't want that kind of burden on my shoulders whether it happens how/when the cards say or not.

I did ask about my siblings and I found out that my brother and sister-in-law WILL have another child which is hilarious to me because my brother REALLY doesn't want any more and my sister-in-law REALLY does! The funny thing is, without me saying a thing, my card reader told me that they'll have a child "because of something she's not doing, like not taking her birth control or something like that". Hmmmm...I totally see it happening and I will NEVER say a word to my brother about this. We'll just sit back and see if it happens.

So, I told my mom and the hubby all about the reading and I'm gonna keep it all under my hat and just see if any of it comes true. If it does then I'll be a little bit more of a believer. Until then, it was just a fun thing and I enjoyed it a lot. If you have the chance, an open mind and don't take these things TOO seriously then I would do it if I were you!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, October 10, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Yeah I kinda lump those readings with horoscopes. Some of it is meant to make you feel good and some of it you WANT to happen so you might steer things that way.

    I'm glad you had fun and I look forward to seeing how much comes true.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, October 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just don't see a downside to tarot readings. Either you get cheap entertainment or you get a few nice surprises! I've had some good ones along the way. A palm reader in England told me that I was going to live in North America at a time when I had absolutely NO intention of emigrating whatsoever! She also told me that one day I would own "unique and special" clothing .... *cough*

     
  • At 5:05 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    oh I totally love getting those done!

    I had one on one of our first dates and she told me we will be together forever ;)

     
  • At 5:47 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    Hella's mom does a hell of a reading! And she's pretty damn accurate too!

    It will be interesting to see how much comes true for you!

     
  • At 5:41 PM, October 11, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    I've never had one done, but I've sooo wanted to! Maybe I'll take the plunge now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home