The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dandy

Yes, I know...it's been a while. Jeez I don't even know what I've been doing with my time.

Let's see...I went on a second interview for the job I mentioned a while back and they said that they wanted to make me an offer. So, if all goes as planned and they agree with my terms and I agree to theirs, then I will start my new job on December 1st or whatever the first week of December is. So, that's good news.

I reupholstered a chair for my sister. It was hard work but it turned out really nice, if I do say so myself. Like an idiot I didn't take a picture but I figure she'll still be my sister for some time so I will post a picture once I take one.

The hubby and I had our annual Halloween party this past weekend and I have to admit a lot went into the preparation. I always seem to forget that part when I agree to have this party every year. Maybe that's where I've been all this time that I've been MIA...? I was a dandelion. I made my hat and then put the rest of the costume together. If any of you watch the show "Pushing Daisies" you will recognize the dandelion costume from a recent episode. That's where I got the idea.





I hate posting pictures of myself but I thought this one merited air time if you know what I mean. I also don't like to post pic's of other people without their permission so I'll just tell you about all of the other fabulous costumes that were in attendance.

We had, my favorite of the night, Thing 1 and Thing 2 from the Cat in the Hat (SO FREAKIN CUTE), we had Bonnie and Clyde, we had a LOT of pirates, male and female. We had Bret Farve, we had Michael Vick (yes, battered dog and all...), we had a Mario Brother, we had a Speed Racer, a Beer Wench, a Yin and Yang - don't even ask, a Power Puff Girl, The ghost of Elvis...and on, and on. And let me tell you, they were all top notch. And, with all fabulous parties, the booze was flowing, the music was blaring, along with a major dance party U.S.A. session at one point, there was fighting (the physical kind and it wasn't two men!) and even a puker! I would say it was a success.

We got to bed around 4am and we crashed hard. Even our poor little pooch slept until 10:30am the next day with no movement before then! We spent Sunday eating crappy food and never changing out of our pajamas. We even let the dog partake in some McDonald's - I know, I know...very bad, but she deserved it, she had a long night too!

Anyway, that's about it. The hubby and I are going to Miami this coming weekend for some sun and fun. I miss you all terribly and now I need to go catch up on all of you because I literally have not been on my blog, let alone anyone else's , in over a week. I hope everyone is well.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, October 30, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I LOVE your costume and the rest sound fantastic as well! You are so cute!

    Wow at having an offer on the table already - go you!

    Give that pup some extra lovings for me!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, October 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is positively the most precious costume ever!!! I even showed it to the church ladies at work! My photos will be up tomorrow; needless to say, unlike your preciousness, I aimed for the tacky-macabre-erotic.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, October 30, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    What a great costume! You are so clever. Congrats on the job offer! I knew it wouldn't take you very long you big ole smarty pants!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, October 31, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    BEST costume ever! I think it's even better than the dandelion on Pushing Daisies.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, October 31, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    Your costume was fabulous! Very creative. & a party's not a party til 2 girls fight & someone else pukes...good job.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home