The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Como se Lama?

So, still not a whole lot going on. Getting some projects done, seeing friends and fam, spending time with the pooch, blah blah blah...

Had a very cool day yesterday. I totally got the hook up and got to go see the Dali Lama receive the Congressional Medal of Honor. It was very neat. The Dali Lama was very cute and funny. I've attached some pictures below. Richard Gere and his woman were in the house. The president...oh what can I say? Doesn't he always look confused? Every time I look at him all I can do it laugh because he looks like such a mess. I can just see the word bubbles coming from his head, "uhh...where am I? dude, what am I gonna eat for lunch?"...so sad. Anyway, here are some pic's from the event:
























10 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, October 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOLY that is pretty bloody cool. i would love to see your President in the flesh love him or hate him to eh? that is still awesome to seeee him and the DL he was here a few years back and my g-f caught just a glance of him. i am so very jealous, but of course happy for you, having gone to this event. :)

     
  • At 11:45 AM, October 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ps. gooood pictures too :)

     
  • At 12:02 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    How did you manage that? I will live vicariously through you......

     
  • At 12:09 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Wow- that is totally cool!

    It cracks me up to see random celebs at events like that... was Richard pretty in person?? ;)

     
  • At 5:24 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Gus Greeper - it was very cool, and I agree, I hate the prez but it was still cool to see him in person. I have a GREAT pic that looks like Bush is sleeping - I think he blinked. I love it.

    OGO - I got hook up's ;O)

    Cold Hands - I don't really find RG attractive but he looked exactly how he does in the movies in person if that makes any sense...I also think that he has always been a big supporter of the Lama and Buddism as a whole. Now, if I would have seen Bono and Oprah there I would have puked!

     
  • At 11:50 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    Wow...you must rate! Did you feel the peace vibe of the Dali Lama? Did you get frisked by security? Great pics.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Dear Jesus! That is the coolest. I just can't believe that you got to do that. *facepalm*

    And Dubya does look like a mess. I almost bought the 2008 countdown calendar yesterday. Counts his term right down to the next president's inauguration in January. The Dubya quotes included were SOOO funny.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, October 24, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm glad you have so much free time you are being paid for really I am, but I miss the days when you went to work and BLOGGED ALL THE TIME.

    Sorry but it's the truth.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, October 26, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    You have been gone for 2 long little missy!

     
  • At 1:28 AM, October 27, 2007, Blogger Lucy Stern said…

    It sounds like a very interesting event to attend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home