The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, August 21, 2007


Well, we're back from vacation. Not quite sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

We had a great time at the beach. Getting away and out of the house was just what the doctor ordered and we felt great, other than our little pangs here and there and the random sad moments in between all the sunshine and laughter. I spent a good majority of the vacation on the computer looking for new dogs, much to The Sweet One's dismay. But I couldn't help it. I was/am a little obsessed. I am just completely shocked at how many babies out there need homes and even more shocked at how many Michael Vick's there are out there - it just breaks your heart. I spent a lot of time filling out applications and looking at dogs on-line that need adopting and we may have one or two that could potentially be ours. We'll find out in the next couple of weeks.

Some people say wait, wait, wait! Others are all, Get a new dog ASAP! I don't know which one is the right way to go. All I know is that we have to get a new dog. We need that life and that love back in our house. It will never be our Nola and that kills us but it will be another little baby that needs a cozy, warm home full of love and treats and long walks and a big, fenced back yard and lots of snuggling and that's all we have to give! I'll keep you all posted on Puppy Search 2007!

While at the beach we had the best crabs we've had all season. They were so meaty and big and delicious! We met up with some friends that were at the beach and had a feast!





So on the beach one day I encountered this lady. I don't know about you but as soon as I saw her I knew it was the real life Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Thankfully my husband had no idea who I was talking about but I told him I'd do a side by side so he could see the resemblance.





I know, I know...I'm going to hell! I think we all already knew that so whatevs people!






We came home Saturday afternoon and went to the Redskins pre-season game. We had fun but it was late when it was over and we decided to stay at my parents house because we couldn't bear to come home to our empty house yet. We put it off as long as we could and ended up coming home on Sunday afternoon. We were overwhelmed by tons and tons of sympathy cards for our Nola. So, we sat and read and cried. We are so lucky to have so much support but damn this shit hurts! i don't think we'll ever get over this. Even when we do have a new little pooch, but I think that's okay, right? You don't have to get over something you love if they were taken from you too soon. Our hearts are big enough to love another baby just as much.

Okay, that's it for me. Work still sucks, waiting to hear if I have another job within the company. Hopefully I'll know more before the end of this week. I missed you all terribly and hope you had a great week last week!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, August 21, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I was just coming over here to tell you I was still thinking of you and hoping you'd post soon and looky looky!

    I'm glad you had a nice vacation. As far as the dog thing goes. If it feels right to you then go for it. No one else knows what you need but you.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and you work prospect.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, August 21, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Oh I am so glad that you had a good vacation... and it was really nice of your friends to send sympathy cards.

    I think it is great that y'all are getting a new doggie - there are SO many that need your love and attention. Sweet little babies who never had anybody love them... ugggg, I get so weepy just thinking about it.

    I hope everything works out with your job, keep us posted.

    ((hugs))

     
  • At 3:11 PM, August 21, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm really glad to hear that the vacation treated you right. No matter what advice anyone gives, if it's the right time to have another fur baby, then I say go for it! There's nothing quite like having that loving furball in the house. I wish you luck with the puppy search!

     
  • At 6:20 PM, August 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My leetle Bee ... I am so happy to see you are feeling better! As a general rule, I would be advising a wait in between pets, but instinct just pushed me to tell YOU not to wait because ... somehow it just felt right to say so. I could sit here and analyse the whys and wherefores, but in the end I'd just shrug and trust to my instinct.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, August 22, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    The perfect puppy will find you soon, and what a lucky puppy he/she'll be!


    LMAO at the pic of Ursula. I so would have done the same. In fact, I was desperately trying to get a picture of this woman at Caribana who had a total mustache...but failed!

    Hell will be hot, but you will be in lots of good company.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, August 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when my childhood dog was getting sick my parents got a new dog right away to ease the pain and the two became close too, woody prolly lived longer. gus won't let me get her a friend, i've tried see peed all over me so i guess i won't know what i will do until that horrible time comes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home