The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Well, it was an exhausting weekend and I hate to admit why. Yes, we ate, drank, layed out and swam in the pool all weekend. Rough life huh? We did get the pooch comfortable in the pool finally and she was jumping in on her own and swimming around like a little fish. It was so cute!

I came into work yesterday to more bad news. 5 out of 5 people that all do the same general job in another department were "layed off", which doesn't bode well for the people on my team that also hold those positions, and a big guy up in our NY office is retiring in two weeks. Wheeeeeee! The fun continues. The mood and the tension in the halls yesterday was so bad that I literally felt like I was on the verge of crying and puking all day. I just couldn't wait to get home.

I wish all of this work BS was just over already and they would either let me go or just give us some hard info on the direction we're taking because this waiting around just sucks!

Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, July 24, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    It sounds like an awful situation. Hang in there though. IF they fire you and your group I have a feeling YOU will be just fine. I don't know why, I just do. Besides it wouldn't be that bad staying home with the pup for a few days while you find your dream job!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, July 24, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I have been in your shoes. This time last year we were doing a bunch of stuff with our sales force and it sucked!

    I come from a telcom background so it was constant there.

    Good luck dear!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, July 25, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    I remember that feeling when I worked for a big utility company in Dallas. They were beginning to take the company in a "new direction" and while I was only an intern/part-timer at the time I wanted to STAY. I loved my job, etc. etc. I had the runs for a week waiting for them to decide what to do. They ended up keeping me, putting me in a crap job I hated, and I quit anyway. And became a teacher! All is right with the world. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home