The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, June 22, 2007

Playing Hookie

On Tuesday I got an email from my friend Sarah with the subject: Cough! Cough! in the body of the email she said, "So, who wants to be "sick" on Thursday and spend the day at the pool with me?" I have never seen a plan come together so seamlessly and effortlessly. Every one of us on the email accepted and a perfect Thursday was had by all. It's funny how these flu's travel so fast through the D.C. area...

It was an absolutely perfect day yesterday. It was in the mid 80's no humidity and not a cloud in the sky. We had mimosas made with the killer juice I found at Trader Joe's - it was orange, peach, mango! MMMM it was so tasty. We had cheese, crackers, bread, pate, salami, shrimp salad, fresh asparagus, tomatoes and avocado, cold Corona's with limes, and more goodies than we could ever need or consume in one sitting.

The company was great, nothing better than girlfriends hanging out yapping and gossiping. The pool temperature was perfect. There was a slight breeze in the air so even when you got hot you weren't too uncomfortable, and hey, if you were, you just hopped back into the water then got out and dried in the warm sun. It was one of those days you wish could go on forever. Around 5 o'clock or so a huge blanket of clouds could be seen off in the distance and once it reached us we could tell the pool day was over. But it was okay. We had our fill and it was the best way I've ever spent a work day, other than the fact that poor hubby didn't get to enjoy it with me.

I urge everyone to get out and have a pool day soon. It's just crucial to your mental health.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'd just like to say how jealous I am. I left all my friends behind when we moved. That said, we never had POOL DAYS!

     
  • At 4:12 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Aww OGO - break out the inflatable pool, get yourself a stiff one, straight OJ for the kiddies, and have a pool day with your little one's. OR wait until the weekend and include the hubby. Just pretend they're all girls ;O)

     
  • At 11:25 PM, June 24, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    I just had a few mental health days...but no pool was involved...maybe I need to take another one & find myself a pool.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, June 25, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Ooh, a pool day. I've only swam in mine once since I've been in Texas. A tragedy to say the least. Maybe I'll remedy that today after my thesis defense.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, June 25, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    LOL! You are soo bad! I think there might be a mass flu epidemic ni Bastrop TX this week :)

     
  • At 8:04 PM, June 25, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    Sounds like a perfect day!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home