The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, May 31, 2007

So, I officially cancelled my gym membership yesterday. Not because I am in such good shape that I no longer need to work out or because I have learned every exercise known to man and have nothing left to learn. It's more like, I haven't actually stepped foot in the gym in probably 3 months, maybe more, and before that one week experience I think there was another 3 or so month hiatus so you know what? I need to stop lying to myself that I will get in there "one day" and just stop shoveling money out that I don't have every month for something I don't use. Right? RIGHT! Plus, like my hubby stated so accurately the other day, "You don't like working out" - Exactly! I'm glad someone knows the truth. I mean, I always feel good afterward but I'm just too lazy to actually get there in the first place. I would rather ride my bike or swim or take the dog out for a walk. So, bye bye gym. You won't be missed...




In other news...I just found out that I may be going to a conference for work in a couple of weeks in NYC! I am so excited. I think the hotel room block is all booked up so I will get to stay with one of my bestest friends (my preference but don't tell the company that!) and then we can go out to dinner and play and go to work cocktail parties and shop! Woo Hoo! I just hope it's not 900 degrees that week. The muggy, hot weather in NYC in the summer is unbearable sometimes, even in the shade of the skyscrapers. Actually, I think the tall buildings keep all the smog and heat in the city and it's pretty rough!

Anyway, that's all I got...back to work!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home