The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Last night I tried everything I could to tire the pooch out because the hubster was going to play cards with the boyz. When you're alone the best thing is to have a chilled out pet...

I took her for a walk, granted it was a semi-short one because it was a bazillion degrees outside and it thundered throughout the entire walk and I was anticipating getting struck by lightening at any moment. As all of you know we have a lab and she loves to pull as we walk which if you've ever walked an animal that pulls and is about half your weight and strong as hell, it's just not that enjoyable for anyone.

We recently bought the little shit a harness which I wasn't too keen on because well...they kind of look gay and sissy and no dog of mine will be a sissy. Well, it's the only way people, honestly. You try to walk her without it. It's just not possible. Well, last week as I decided to be nice and take the pooch to my softball game with me I put her in her harness, attached the leash and off we go. 15 minutes later as we approach the field I take her out and realize that she's become so much lighter. The little monster chewed through the harness and was working on the leash like a freakin prisoner of war on a mission. I wanted to kill her. I actually almost did kill her.






ANYWAY - longest story EVER...we went to this hippy pet store that is AWESOME the other day and bought her $70 worth of new leash, collar and harness and they're actually kind of cool. She still looks like the "special" dog with a harness on but we don't tell her that and hey, we're all happier in the end.


















So, back to my original story, damn I'm feeling very ADD today...

I also took Nola over to our neighbor's house to play with their bull dog. His name is Duke and they love each other (damn it I should have taken pictures). Duke unfortunately can't keep up with Nola because, well...he's a bull dog, But they definitely give each other a run for their money and they wear each other out. Nola literally pants for hours after we get home from play time, I can only imagine what Duke does, he's such a meatball. The only bad thing about letting my precious princess play with a bull dog is that he slobbers all over her and makes her stinky and when they "share" water, Duke slobbers so much in the water bowl that I don't want Nola to drink it. I mean, it's like drinking a bowl of phlegm. It's so gross...I think I gagged a few times just looking at it. YUCK!

All of this and the damn dog was still not worn out. I had to yell for her to go lay down a million times, I wanted to put her in her crate and just go drink myself silly. Being a single parent is scary! I don't know what I'll do when I have children. Do you think it's okay to drug them? Maybe I'll just take them to Applebee's all the time, I hear their sippy cups are really popular with children!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, June 20, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I've been online all morning looking at ideas for caring for my puppy. He will now be getting his own 'room' (the empty laundry room with tiled floor) and I will find him some friends his own age to play with.

    Good luck with her! Mine is driving me to drink!

     
  • At 6:11 PM, June 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's a type of leash that *looks* like a muzzle but it's not. It's just another strap that goes around the dog's nose and if they try to pull forward all it does is causes them to turn their head to the side. Plus they look badass while wearing one.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, June 20, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    They never get tired. Ever.

    We bought a great collar to help control Cooper when he walks. It looks awful and I didn't want to use it until the umpteenth trainer told me it was okay. He's great on the leash now.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, June 21, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Awww, the cuteness! And she's getting so big!

    Labs are a pain to walk. A friend of mine (tiny...maybe 110 pounds soaking wet) had two labs that outweighed her by a mile. Watching her chase/walk them was hilarious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home