The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Well, let me tell you, and I'm sure all of you US peeps will agree, this was a much needed long weekend. It was great. The hubby and I only had one invitation that was "mandatory" and spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and picking and choosing what we felt like doing. And that is a great feeling! That and waking up late on Sunday and thinking, Ahhhh...we have one more whole day before we have to go to work.

Friday we all got off early from work and met up with some friends at our favorite Mexican joint and proceeded to sit outside and drink margaritas from about 5pm - 11:30pm. It was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Saturday, you know, my day off from taking care of the dog, we stayed in bed until almost noon BUT, somehow I am the only one who hears the pooch. So, the morning consisted of:

7am
Me: Baaaabe, the dog needs to go out
TSO: huh? (shuffle, turn, snore)

7:08am
Me: Babe, the dog is crying. She needs to go out!
TSO: uuhggh mumble mumble...(gets up, takes dog out)

7:30am
Me: Babe, the dog is eating something - is the bathroom door closed?
TSO: (gets up, removes toilet paper roll from puppy's mouth, closes bathroom door)

8am
Me: HUBBY! The dog is crying at the door, SHE NEEDS TO GO OUT!
TSO: takes dog out, mumbles some expletives under his breath...

9am
Me: please turn over and STOP SNORING! (probably about 10 times)
TSO: goes to the living room and crashes on the couch

9am - 12pm
and so on and so forth...

Isn't it funny that even though it was my "day off" I was the ONLY one who heard every damn thing the dog did, wanted, cried, whatever? I guess women are just instinctively mothers, huh?

We went down to the waterfront in Georgetown on Saturday night after stopping by my parent's house to see my two youngest sisters off to the PROM! OY, I feel old. But, the ladies looked lovely and the boys were all gentlemen, even though I am really surprised to see how short the dresses have become.

Sunday we relaxed for a while until our one mandatory event, which by the way was not too shabby! We had dinner at the in-laws and I'm just glad we didn't make any other plans! On the menu, steaks and lobster tails on the grill...how can you beat that? It was great.








Monday the dog slept until 9am. I could have kissed her. Oh wait, I did. For some reason she doesn't love it when I kiss her on the lips yet she makes it a habit of sticking her tongue in my mouth when I'm not expecting it...weird. And by the way, I don't care how many times you tell me that dog's mouths are cleaner than humans and blah, blah, blah - my dog licks her ass and her vagina on a regular basis. I don't EVER feel the need for her tongue to touch mine. EVER!

Yesterday we went to visit my mom and run the dog ragged in her yard then to a cookout. Life is good.

How great is it that it's Tuesday? Only 3 more days 'til the weekend!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, May 29, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Glad to see that you had a good holiday weekend. I have to tell you, I would sell an organ on the black market for a piece of that steak and lobster.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, May 29, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Your story made me shake my head in agreement! Even though my sons monitor is closer to my husband I'M the only one that hears him in the morning!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, May 29, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    I'm the only one who ever hears the dog too. I think he pretends not to hear him so he never has to get up.

    Sounds like a great weekend!

     
  • At 12:32 AM, May 30, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    I'm SO glad it's already Tuesday!

    I need a margarita already...planned to many mandatory things this weekend that I didn't want to do...this weekend I will plan NOTHING.

    (food looked great...yum).

     
  • At 11:39 AM, May 30, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Yes its funny how we women are the only ones to hear the whining/crying.

    Sounds like a fun weeeknd - did you save some steak for me because that sounds really yummy right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home