The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

M.I.A.

yeah, so I've kind of been missing in action recently...

New York and the conference last week was great! Got to hang with one of my best buds and a little bit of partying with the work folk. I even snuck in a little bit of shopping, I know, I know...where in New York could I have possibly found a place to get in some shopping...

I got to see John Waters speak. I was really looking forward to it and he did not disappoint. I also got to see the co-creators of Lost speak and answer questions. They were great. Very personable and funny and I even met them in person later in the day and thanked them for killing off Nikki and Paulo (if you watch LOST you know exactly what I'm talking about, if not then move along now). And the highlight, and key note speaker was none other than former US President, William Jefferson Clinton! That man knows how to address a crowd. No wonder the ladies seem to drop their pants whenever he's around...he he...He had the crowd laughing, cheering, tearing and shaking their heads in agreement. God he's good.

Got to have some good meals out in Manhattan and even enjoyed some free booze thanks to the many other business folk in the city for the conference. There were parties everywhere. Apparently Brangelina was in NYC for the premiere of their new venture and I missed them! An old co-worker of mine did happen to see them as she headed to a dance class and she said they are even more beautiful in person. I am positive she's right. My celebrity sightings were pretty mild in comparison. They were limited to the speakers I saw, Dikembe Motombo who rode the Acela up to New York on my train and former D.C. Mayor and all around good guy, Marion Barry who ended up having a celebratory dinner (he got off another felony charge that day) at the restaurant the hubby and I decided to check out when I got home from NYC. Wow...pretty lame huh?

Anyway, I'm alive and I don't have much to complain about. Hope everyone is doing well...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home