The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It finally happened...




























So, I have this pair of shoes from Aldo. They're a couple of years old as you can probably tell by the ware on the inside but I love them. They're one of my favorite pairs. I got them in Boston a few years ago, they're comfortable, they're cute and I love the color - I guess you would call it "bone" or "cream". It's great because it goes with those browinish/taupe-ish outfits without being too dark or too bright white.

As I put them on yesterday I though, gosh, I really love these shoes. I had on a cream colored shirt and a cute green and cream skirt and the shoes complimented the outfit perfectly, if I do say so myself.

Anyway, when I got home from work I kicked off the shoes and went to play with the pup. We went outside, we hung out, you know, we bonded a little. Well, I decided to go make dinner and let the pup eat her dinner and chill.

Well, I didn't hear the pup for a while and with good reason. She decided to chew up my cute little cream shoes. I was so pissed. I think I screamed like I was being murdered. I was so mad and upset and GGGRRRR! But, it was my fault for leaving them out. BUT she NEVER eats shoes. Just these. Why? because they were so cute and tasty and I loved them, that's why. I know it's my fault but I'm still super sad. Damn Dog. I'm looking on line for a new, similar pair but I'm not finding anything under $90! Damn Zappo's!! DAMN DOG!








12 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    oh my.

    Sammy ate my EpiPen on Sunday - well he chewed on the outside casing. I need that to live dammit!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    well...nothing like putting my damn shoe situation in perspective, huh Cold Hands?!! Kidding, but it is really fun when they chew on things they're not supposed to :O)

     
  • At 12:32 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    Oh dear!

     
  • At 1:20 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Oohhh, that hurts me. Our schnauzer ate a favorite pair of mules once, and I screamed bloody murder, too. Here's to hoping you find something just as cute and on sale.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, June 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dear lord save you. this is awful. shoes are sacred. i hope you get a new pair that make you happy and soon.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    ha.

    they are evil at times, but it is all worth it when you are sad and they come up to you and give you those sympathetic eyes. or so I hear - my dog is an ass ;) I kiddddddd (sort of)

     
  • At 5:29 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Calvin said…

    yeouch.. sorry about the shoes!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    OMG!
    I'm actually tearing up! I know how horrible this is!
    I kept the pair (only shoes Cooper ever chewed) that I loved so much..even know I can never wear them again. Sad really.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, June 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dahling, if you are going to get frequent wear and a couple of years' worth of wearing out of a pair of fabulous shoes, don't you think they just might be worth the $90 investment?

     
  • At 11:19 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    Sorry for you to find out the hard way...but...ALL DOGS LOVE SHOES. Why do you think I love pups so? I mean, haven't you loved a particular pair of shoes so damn much that you wanted to eat them up too?

     
  • At 6:12 PM, June 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, yah, I forgot to mention that my kats love my shoes too! They roll around on them and rub their widdle faces all over them and make sure to leave lots of pretty fur behind.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    I know, I know...the fact that I got so much wear out of these shoes is enough but I still loved them and they were still cute on the outside and didn't look as worn as they were...I'm still sad dammit! But getting over it. I may end up keeping this damaged goods like Sassy...yes, I'm weird like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home