The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

flushy









So...my company is getting on the "green" wagon these days. In doing so they've installed these water saving toilet handles in the bathrooms but they are so weird and confusing - yes, I have a small brain!

Anyway, the idea is to use only the water that you "need" in terms of what you have "produced" in the bathroom. So, when you have just liquid waste, you pull the handle upward. When your waste is "solid" you push down on the handle. Do you know how hard it is to train a woman that has been pushing/stepping down on public toilet handles for 30 years to make a conscious effort to either pull it up or push it down? And, don't you think that since the most common extraction is urine that you would do the most natural flushing technique, which to me is downward? I mean, could they make it any more difficult? I swear I have a panic attack every time I go to the bathroom now trying to figure out which way I'm supposed to flush. The whole thing is just yucky! I mean, the most I've ever had to think about in the bathroom is "The Cast of Dirty Dancing, Where are they Now?" in my People magazine. I can't take this kind of pressure in the bathroom, I just can't!

7 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, May 30, 2007, Blogger Calvin said…

    hahah.. that is hilarious!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, May 30, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Heh. I don't remember the last time I touched a handle in a public bathroom. I can just picture myself trying to push it up with my foot! I'd probably fall down!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, May 30, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    Besides, depending on the flow of the water...people can tell what you've been doing in there. =P

     
  • At 4:56 PM, May 30, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    S! - Hilarious to you, frightening to me!

    OGO - aparently, according to the signage that now accompanies the new flushers, the handle is coated in this green plastic that protects from the spread of germs...Ummm, whatever!

    Sassy - You don't know how many times I want to ask people in the bathroom, "so, are you flushing up or down?" then I wonder, can they tell what I'm doing? ha ha

     
  • At 11:14 AM, May 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate touching the handles anyway....

     
  • At 3:58 PM, May 31, 2007, Blogger Bunny said…

    We have a two button system on ours. One is marked "half flush" and the other "full flush." Some idiot switched the labels in one stall, however. Funny.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, June 01, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    creepy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home