The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

okay, call me crazy but when is killing a pregnant woman okay? When are all of your options exhausted and the only thing left to do is kill a woman who is carrying another life? I just don't understand the scenario. I know I'm harping on things but once I hear stories like this I become consumed and just can not let it go....

I mean, if you are a man and you get a woman pregnant and you don't want to be responsible for the baby or even involved with the woman for that matter aren't there a million ways to deal with the situation? You can go to court and give up any kind of custody or visitation. You can speak with the woman and come to some financial agreement. You can deny the child throughout your life and theirs and take the secret to your grave. You can skip town never to be heard from again. Do you go through the list of options and then decide, you know what? I'll kill her and the unborn child, yeah, that sounds like the best, easiest solution! I mean, who doesn't know, in this day in age, that you WILL be caught. Whether it's now or years later, you'll be caught and either spend the rest of your life in jail or get the death penalty depending on what state you're in. Have you never seen just about any police drama or detective show on television?

It's just so disappointing. I guess the people that do things like this are seriously fucked in the head because I can't even wrap my head around what someone must be thinking in order to go through with such a heinous act and then go on living guilt free. Sometimes growing up and realizing what a fucked up world we live in just sucks...I am a catholic but I have to admit that I am not completely sure what I believe happens when we die. I do hope that the people who kill children and pregnant women suffer eternal torture worse than we could ever imagine when they pass on to the great beyond.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, June 27, 2007, Blogger Addict said…

    These are the things that a sane mind cannot even begin to wrap itself around...

    I rarely even watch the news anymore because it just breaks my heart.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, June 27, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    It's insane..and something I can't even begin to understand.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, June 27, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I am saddened by this story as well. What a horrible thing to do. What really gets my tear ducts in a tizzy is that poor two year old boy who apparently witnessed the struggle. Then left home alone to deal. It's an awful thing.

    The only thing I can take solace in is that this "cop" will get his in prison.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, June 27, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    i rarely watch the news. I actually make it a point not to but for some reason I am freakin consumed by these stories, probably because they are EVERYWHERE - even on the real news web sites like Perez Hilton and WWTDD :O)

     
  • At 5:40 PM, June 27, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    amen sistah...

     
  • At 9:25 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    Sadly a woman is more likely to be murdered (by a spouse or boyfriend) when she is pregnant than when she is not.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    Wrapping your head around that kind of rage is pointless...normal people just can't (thankfully) do it.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, July 01, 2007, Blogger peachy said…

    This might be a different story, but something similar happened in Bmore lately. People are crazy, and it's really sad that these crazies are out there among us. Scary mama.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home