The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nola


The pup is sick. She's been sick for a few days now and I'm so worried about her. It's crazy how much you love and worry about these little monsters once they're in your life!

Anyway, the little angel hasn't been able to keep food down in a couple of days. I had to call the emergency animal hospital at 4am on Tuesday and they told us to call the vet in the AM. I called the vet and she told us to keep an eye on her. Then we fed her Tuesday evening and it happened again. I called the emergency line and they told us to not give her food or water over night then in the morning give her boiled rice and/or chicken and then call the vet. well our little picky eater put her nose up at the rice so I gave her some potato rolls which she promptly threw up. But I know the poor thing is hungry. Well, when I finally called the vet she told us to get her some Pepcid and give it to her 2 times a day before meals and to give her a few smaller meals throughout the day. Weird huh?

The good thing is she is totally in good spirits. She's running around, tail wagging, high energy, wants to play like usual. And it's odd but I guess the hospital and my vet don't really see this as a huge emergency. I guess they see this all the time but it's the first time for us so we're freaking out. I just hope our baby gets better soon. Being a parent is scary!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, May 23, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I think it's cool that you got away without having to pay a big ole vet bill!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, May 23, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    Awww poor Nola!

    We always give Cooper ground beef and mix in a bit of rice when he's sick.

    Hope she's feeling better soon.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, May 23, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    OGO - Believe me, that is one HUGE thing to be thankful for. We've taken Nola to the vet 3 times in the last 2 months and have spent over $600! we do have pet insurance which helps in case of an emergency visit to the hopsital but you have to file a claim after you shell out the dough...this dog is nothing if not expensive! But we love her ;O)

    Sass - I was wondering if it would be okay to give her ground beef w/the rice but wasn't sure. Next time I will. I know she'd be more likley to eat the rice with some meet in it. Thanks for the tip!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, May 24, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    That's weird, so your pup has acid reflux

     
  • At 10:59 AM, May 24, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    awwwwww poor Nola!

    Sammy is sick at home as we speak. It started with the eating grass (thrown up later in my bedroom) and he is listless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home