The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, February 05, 2007

Ahhh the weekend...let's see what I can remember.

Friday night was a nice, cozy night in with the hubby. It was cold and rainy out and just felt good to chill. Saturday the hub and I got up early, went grocery shopping for the week and for super bowl guests then I cleaned the house from top to bottom.

Saturday night I went out with the girls. It was one of my friend's b-day and her boyfriend got us all a hotel room, a VIP table at a club in Georgetown and bottle service for our table. OY! The night started right. A little pre-drinking in the suite, hanging with the girls and just went down hill from there. We danced, we drank, we laughed, we hung out with a group of the biggest Kanye West look a like boys you have ever seen (seriously, you've never seen so many argyle sweaters in one place), I fell down at some point - I vaguely remember it - and I have a huge bruise on my arse to prove it! YAYY.

I am seriously starting to realize that I am OLD! I just can not drink like I used to. I physically could not get out of bed until about 3pm yesterday and even that was pushing it. Thank GOD I made most of the food for the super bowl on Saturday because everything I did made me want to throw up, especially handling food. I started feeling not drunk anymore and semi normal by about 5pm and even today just don't feel quite myself.

So, we had a few friends over to watch the game. We had yummy food, good company. The game was entertaining. I really wanted the Bears to win but really could care less to be honest. AND I really like Tony Dungee so good for him. It is SO cold here. The low today is supposed to be 7. SEVEN! SEVEN DEGREES. I am not going to the gym tonight. As a matter of fact I am not going anywhere but in my car to my house and no where else. And if it is as cold tomorrow as it is today I don't know that I can make it to work, I may be coming down with something (cough, cough). The cold weather makes me angry. I just can't take this.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope it's warmer where you are than it is here!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    awwwww- dont let it make you angry!

    I cant drink like i used to either - sucks getting old!

     
  • At 5:12 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    I love when a recap of the weekend starts with "Let's see what I can remember..."

    No warmer here! -30 (C) here today! Too cold for anything! I just may stay home in my warm bed soon if this keeps up!

     
  • At 5:54 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    You look a little flushed! Are you feverish? I think you better stay in bed and take care of yourself!

     
  • At 12:59 AM, February 06, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    OK, we've gotta go on a drinking hiatus together. I thought I was going to die this weekend. I don't like the so-drunk-I-can't-remember-why-I'm-half-naked thing.

    Speaking of Super Bowl food, I think I'll go polish off the rest of my garlic parmesan wings. Yum-o!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home