The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Okay, the meanest thing you can do to someone is bring them a food gift after the holidays...A good friend of mine brought me a poppy seed cake that her step mom makes. It's as heavy as a brick and it's so freakin yummy! BUT, I had one piece, okay a piece and a half, and made the hubby take it to work. Let those people stay fat. Not me! he he...

So, I cut my hair off last weekend. It's above my shoulders. And I also darkened it up for the winter. Even though it has yet to be "winter" here. It's going to be in the 50's - 60's all week oh and we may get some rain. I'm OVER the rain. Why can't it just get cold and snow so we can't go to work? HA, I can't even believe I just said that. I pretty much hate the cold and winter months but I guess this goes to show I am an East Coast girl to the core. I don't know that I could ever move somewhere that didn't have some sort of change of seasons. Well, not until I'm 80 and living in Boca anyway...

For Christmas the hubby and I didn't exchange gifts. We bought a 42" flat screen, plasma, HD television for a really great price (with rebates it ended up being $800!!) - so...that was our gift to each other! Plus in every other aspect we are flat broke! What about you guys, anyone get anything great for Christmas, anyone GIVE a great gift?

8 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Whoa, that's an awesome price on the TV. I know this because my ex took me through the flatscreen/plasma/HD paces way back in the day.

    I got an 8GB iPod for Christmas and I'm officially in love with it. That's not sad or weird, right?

     
  • At 2:37 PM, January 04, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    DK - best gift I could have got ;O)

    Andi - There is nothing wrong with loving our technological friends. I am in love with many of them and my dear sweet Poddy is among the highest on the list! Just don't do anything weird with it!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Kelly said…

    My work team has a stuffed animal mascot that people are given as a show of support. Usually she comes with candy, but when given to me this morning they were nice and said I had probably had enough candy to last me a life time. They were right : )

     
  • At 4:43 PM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    wow the tv sounds sweet!

    I loved all of the jewlry my Boy and mom got me this year.

    I also loved the patent leather corset that I 'gave' my Boy!!!

    there is a ton of candy floating around here, and i am helping myself to it. like a pig, which i now resemble.

     
  • At 5:54 PM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    It hasn't been winter here yet either. Way too mild. In fact, my neighbours tulips are popping up! WTF?!

    Gift wise it was a pretty damn good Christmas, although I did the 42" LCD tv thing for the hubby's birthday. I figure it got me some good brownie points in case I flopped on his Christmas gift!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, January 06, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    I want a tv like that.

    The warm weather here is freaking me out...but I love it.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Calvin said…

    wow.. that's an awesome tv.. hope the 'Skins do better the next season for you to enjoy them on the tv!

    the gf and i decided to make sure we spend some more quality time together as part of the New year's gift.. it's working out so far actually!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, January 08, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    You beat me to the punch! I want my hair cut in the worst way. Well I don't want my hair cut in a bad way I just really really want a hair cut. Did that make sense? :)

    This was a strange Christmas, usually my husband starts his Christmas list right after his birthday in August so it's chocked full of great gifts. This year it was plain Jane. Same for me. Eh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home