The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

So, the temperature outside has finally caught up with the date. It is now officially cold. And no matter how long the weather stays warm and how much I think I'm ready for the cold, I never am! I just remembered why I hate it.

It's supposed to snow here this afternoon which is just a huge pain in the ass because I need to go to the grocery store. And not for the typical toilet paper and milk. I need the things that I will need tomorrow when it doesn't snow. It literally might flurry here and we have already been "tracking the storm" on the news. I'm sure grocery stores are already in a tizzy and I can only imagine how the roads will be later this afternoon...OY! Why does everyone freak out at the mere mention of the white stuff? Now, if you lived in Malibu I understand, and yes, they got a dusting of snow the other day - it may be the end of the world. When I was little we NEVER got out of school at the mention or threat of snow. Hell, we would be in our classrooms watching it fall and in rare occasions we would be let out early. The most we got was a 2 hour late start and it really had to come down in order for us to get off completely. Now if there is a chance of snow, schools close! I can't even believe it. They have made everyone around here a bunch of chickens and it is so frustrating. The kids today are just going to be little wimps.

Anyway, some of you are in spots that have and are actually experiencing real snow. I hope you're enjoying it if that's your thing and I hope it goes away soon if you hate it. I'm sure I'll have a great bitch session to post tomorrow after my trip to the store!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:20 AM, January 18, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    yes it is officially freak out time here (stupid ice!) we simply dont know what to do with all of this cold stuff. my vote is to stay inside cuddled under 3 feet of blankets.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, January 18, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    CH - Ice is another thing. I am very afraid of the ice. I do see that a big storm is headed your way. A real one, not like the flurry I anticipate here. There was a time that we DID know what to do in the event of snow, now I feel like no one does. And, I am with you on staying in and cuddling under the blankees. When it snows I just refrain from driving, I don't want to add to the mayhem on the roads!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, January 18, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Ha! My daughter keeps praying for some freak storm to get her a snow day. It just isn't going to happen. In Colorado we'd have tons of snow and still have to slip slide our way to school. In New Mexico a little dusting would call off school. Wimps.

    Take care out in your storm!;)

     
  • At 7:12 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    They never close the schools here..just cancel the busses. I think hell would have to freeze over before we got a 'legit' snow day.

    We finally got a bit of snow with more to come this weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home