The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, August 07, 2006

Well, it's official...I have the pre-wedding jitters. I'm not nervous to get married so much, it's all of the little things still left to get done and just straight butterflies at this point. I am assuming by this morning's events that I will also not be getting much more sleep or eating much in the next month.

I've been awake since a little after 5am and the sad thing is, I went to bed at 2am! The Sweet One and I went to see the Pretenders at the 9:30 Club last night. Wow, never knew the median age range of pretenders fans was 55 but whatevs! It was still fun and I still believe that Chrissy Hines is one of the most talented, rockinest bitches of all time. Her voice is amazing! And, it was pretty amazing being so close to see/hear her sing some of the "classics". Anyway, we got home watched Big Brother (that we recorded) and by the time we got to bed it was 2am. Generally when it's that late I sleep like a baby. This morning I had to continually beg my brain to shut off so I could get just fifteen more minutes or at least sleep until 7am! It wasn't happening.

I "fired" my makeup artist for the wedding yesterday. I didn't tell her. Well, she isn't officially "hired" yet but I've decided not to use her. I just wasn't getting a good vibe from her. I had to literally go to the mall on Saturday to talk to her because she rarely returns phone calls. Then, she told me she would call me that night and I finally heard from her on Sunday at 3pm. She wanted to talk logistics and I told her it was a bad time. Little does she know there won't be a "good time". I just can't imagine wondering if my makeup chick is gonna show up on the day of the wedding, I have bigger things to worry about. Plus she's a pasty little thing and she kind of rubbed me the wrong way since day one so that's over. Now I need to look for a new person. Only one month to go...tick...tock!

This weekend was kind of uneventful for the most part. It was a good one, just not much to report. Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I can't blame you for not wanting someone who doesn't return calls! If you can't count on them to call you can you count on them to be on time? Good choice there.

    I used to love Kaysar but I don't like how he's playing this year. I hate Janelle now too. GO CHICKEN GEORGE! I didn't like James last year, but he's starting to grow on me.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    you should let her know that you decided to go with someone else, either that or lie and tell her some wild story about how you are running away with the pool boy....

    it will all be fine and lovely and all of that good stuff!

     
  • At 10:39 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Fire that girl. She would be late and not call you and let you know.

    Don't get nervous now. Everything will work out as expected. You've done a great job getting your big day set up. It'll be perfect!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, August 08, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    She sounds like a tool and you're right to fire her. A bride shouldn't have to worry about their makeup. No no.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home