The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I am in a funk today. This computer thing is totally depressing. I have almost nothing to do at work today b/c I can 't get into any of my old documents or databases. From what I understand Mercury is in retrograde right now which essentially means that electronic things are not functioning properly. This may also have something to do with the fact that I had to take my car to the shop again. Nothing major but still...

I have a loaner computer, which sucks, and a loaner car which I am tempted to keep. I am in LOVE with this car. I think when they call to let me know that my car is ready I'm just going to let them know that I'll be keeping the loaner. It's a brand new VW Toureg. It is so, so nice!

I got a call yesterday from an old colleague yesterday offering me a job. It's kind of flattering as I've never been sought out by a company/individual for a position before. The problem, or not, is that things are really going very well here at my current job and I don't know if I could consider leaving. On the other hand, if this other job offers me a MUCH higher salary I could be swayed. Money CAN buy my happiness.

Anyway, I'm going to wallow in my sadness. I'm not even quite sure if it has everything to do with the computer or if I'm just a depressed loser, who knows. I plan to shake this thing by this evening. I will MAKE myself feel better by all means possible, that is a promise. To myself.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    *hugs your computer*

    Maybe it needs a little more love. Although it sounds like you have the love covered.

    Good luck with the job offer! I hope they offer you gobs of cash.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, July 20, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    First I'm sorry about your computer. What have we learned here? Back up everything! I'm teasing in an effort to make you smile.

    Second. It doesn't hurt to listen to what the new job has to offer. You don't have to accept anything but it's good to know the whole story. Then you won't be wondering what you missed out on.

    Third. You are no loser. We all have down days or weeks for that matter! I do believe you can WILL yourself to feel better though.

    SMILE! (Wow this comment seems a little perky. Someone needs to smack some sense into me!;)

     
  • At 10:45 AM, July 20, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Get to the gym. A workout always makes me feel better.

    Those Touregs sure do look nice. I have always liked them and their hippy music commercials.

    I agree with the others about the job. Look into it, just so you know what's out there, and if you don't like it, ask for a raise at your place. Now is the time. You have a honeymoon to pay for. :)

    Hope you get out of your slump.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home