The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, May 25, 2006

I don't know about you but sometimes I feel like I have no time for work. I feel like I have so many other things going on in my life that I just don't have time to fit work in. In between sleeping, planning the wedding, making things for my web site (crafts to sell), taking care of my house, working out, whatever...I just feel like work is an afterthought. Is that bad?

I watched the finale of LOST last night TWICE! I loved it. But, because I stayed up so late I couldn't imagine getting up for the gym at 6am. So instead, I decided that I would get in to work around 9:30/10am, then I would go take care of some errands and then go to the gym in the middle of the day. I guess I should be lucky that I could potentially get away with that type of thing with the job I have but for some reason the only part of my job that seems to fit into my life right now is the pay check! I'll also admit that although I do a lot of important things in my position, it's not the most challenging of jobs...

Anyway, the Sweet One and I are heading to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for the long weekend. We're actually leaving Saturday and not coming back until next Thursday. I am so excited to lay on the beach and do virtually nothing. My Uncles and their friends get a house there for a week every Memorial Day and we never go but this year we are! I'm totally looking forward to it. The best part will be that we won't spend too much money. I am so broke. I went to the bank yesterday to inquire about getting a loan!!! That's how bad it is. I have to pay off my stupid credit card bills and then cut them up. They aren't that out of control but the interest on a credit card could kill you if you don't pay it off in full every month and well, I don't. Tell your children, it's all a trap. I thought I knew that but damn, Christmas and Birthday's and all those other gift giving occasions just creep up on you and it's just so easy to whip out the plastic.

Anyway, Happy Thursdee everyone!

9 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    You're going to save a ton of time going to the beach on Sat. instead of Friday.

    Work always gets in the way. It's such a nuisance.

    Get rid of the cc bills so you and the sweet one can start off with a fresh slate. Credit cards are the devil. I did just buy 5 shares of Mastercard (my intro to buying stocks). I can't lose, right? hee hee.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Peachy - I alone could make you a very rich woman with your master card stock! Maybe that's what I need to buy instead of shoes, STOCKS!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I figure-this working thing isn't making me rich. There has to be another way. So..I'll try it out.

    Do you listen to Don and Mike in the afternoons?

     
  • At 3:50 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Peachy - I used to listen to D&M but I got Sirius Radio for Christmas and haven't really listened to them since. Every now and then I do though...how come?

    Corinna - OMG it was so good. Okay, I TOTALLY thought the fake Henry Gale was the head of the 'others' too, why else would they want him back so badly? ALSO - I have two theories, A) they sent Michael and Walt on a wild goose chase that will land them right back to the island next season OR B) MIchael made a plan with Charlie and Kate and Sawyer that once he got Michael on the boat they would drive around, find Sayeed and come back and retaliate or whatever. You think? SO..are you saying that you didn't see the VERY end? In the frozen tundra???

     
  • At 5:46 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    After our long weekend last weekend, I think I'm ready for another! Lucky you to be able to go somewhere and relax!! Even better when it doesn't cost much! Enjoy it!!!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Chick said…

    I'm going to the Outer Banks in the summer...you'll have to tell me what I can not miss (please, please, please)...I've never been & could use some guidance.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    The Outer Banks!!! So gorgeous. That's what I really miss about living in NC..the beaches. *sigh* Y'all have fun!

     
  • At 12:04 AM, May 26, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Chick - I will absolutely advise. The Sweet One's parents own a home in Duck (that's not where we're going this time but close by) and it's beautiful. If you haven't rented a place yet let me know, I can get you some info on it. Other than that I can also give you more scoop later. Email me off-line and I'll hook you up ;O)

    Andi - I didn't know you lived in NC? did I? That is truly somthing to miss about that state! Other than that, not much...JUST KIDDING!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    take me with you.

    i say that to you a lot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home