The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, May 08, 2006

I've got the Monday blues...in a BIG way! I think it has something to do with the fact that I got completely wasted last night, it's gray, gloomy and raining out, it's Monday, and, I just feel like complaining a little bit so just bear with me alright?

I actually had a lovely weekend. Friday night we went out to dinner with another couple. The guy has been friends with TSO since high school. They are actually roomies and he is TSO's best man in our wedding. I love him to death, he is such a good guy. Then there's his current girlfriend. I actually went to high school with her which is random, we knew each other in highschool but not well - she was two years older than I was. Anyway, she's one of those chicks that gets mad about everything, constantly picks fights with her b/f and thinks everything is just dumb! When we all go out I feel like I have to be the mediator between her and her boyfriend. It's exhausting. Anyway, we had a nice dinner at some Italian joint. It was such a nice evening and we got to eat outside at a sidewalk table. Inside there was this mammoth flower arrangement and I decided we would have these on the tables at our wedding...



KIDDING of course! Anyway, from there we headed to some friend's house in Capitol Hill. It was AMAZING, if you like that type of thing. Here is the view from their rooftop terrace:




You can't really beat that.

So we'll skip to Sunday. It was truly an amazing and one of the most fun days. The Sweet One and I decided to head down to Georgetown to walk around and enjoy the lovely weather. We found a rock star parking spot and just made our way around town doing some window shopping and doing a little people watching. Now, I'm not sure who in the hell would wear this, but this is what was in the window at the Ralph Lauren store:





We just HAD to go inside to see how much the pants were and not only did all of the fucking tool bags that worked there have on some of the most god awful outfits that made me want to vomit, they were also very rude. Think Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts went shopping as the hooker. Now, we didn't look like hookers but apparently our outfits weren't colorful enough. The pants were $100. We laughed, we made fun of the dorks that worked there, we left.

We decided at one point to dip into one of our old haunts, Third Edition, and grab a quick beer. After that we continued on our way. We stopped at one of our favorite little punk rock record shops. Did you know that there's a band called Anal Cunt? I didn't either. It's a good thing we stopped in or I would be ignorant to this fact forever! A little while later we stopped at another favorite spot, J. Paul's, and got some oysters on the half shell and a couple of the best damned oyster shooters we've ever had! A few beers to wash it down and we were back on the streets. We headed down to the waterfront restaurant Tony & Joe's where, fortunately or unfortunately, I haven't decided yet, we found TSO's old roommate bartending on the outside terrace. I splurged and had a margarita and TSO had a Captain and ginger. Well, one became two, two became three, next thing you know we're on shot number two....The day was taking a turn for the worst!

Well, we hadn't eaten much of anything so we decided we should go get dinner. We went to this new gourmet pizza joint called Pizzeria Paradiso. There was a wait for a table so they sent us down to wait at the bar downstairs where we continued to drink. I don't know why, we were already pretty toasty. We ended up eating at the bar. To be quit honest, i don't remember too much of the eating part. I do know that I found a $77 receipt in my purse this morning. That kind of sucked...I woke up around 3:30am completely on top of the comforter and so parched. It wasn't a good feeling. I did get my ass to the gym this morning. I have no idea how. The workout wasn't one of my best but hey, I'm shocked I even got there. I pretty much feel like ass now and I definitely have the hang over blues. TSO left for Atlanta this morning to see a Wide Spread show with his bro. I'm sad, I miss him already (shut up, I know I'm being a miserable bitch - I told you that I just need to complain). I wonder if I can fake illness and go home early from work. All I want is some french fries and my bed!

8 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    ha ha-Third Edition. My best friend and I used to hang out there all the time. That was THE place to be (as far as we were concerned). What a fun day.
    Those Ralph Lauren pants are hideous.

    Good job on getting to the gym!

     
  • At 2:16 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    you so should have bought those pants. kidding, they are the worst thing ever!!!

    thats a lot of drinking, i swear one of these days we have to party together!!!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Peachy, I must have been drunk when I woke up this morning because there is no way I would have gone to the gym if I was in my right mind. We used to LOVE Third Edition too, it is so cheesy now, I can't imagine going on a weekend night, not to mention they might confuse me with someone's grandmother since the median age range of their customers is about 19 1/2...

     
  • At 2:27 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Your french fry comment made me laugh. The morning after a bender I always wanted a greasy hamburger. Usually McDonalds!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    The mediating between the bf and gf sounds like a beating. Reminds me of that SNL skit where the couple is always making their companions feel extremely uncomfortable at dinner. Good times. It makes for a shitty blog comment, but I'm amused in my head.

    And I hate the parched feeling. If my tongue is too big for my mouth I've had a good night, but it's sure to be a longgg day.

    Send that rain to TX. I'm greedy. :)

     
  • At 3:22 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    OGO - I would kill for some McDonalds right about now...I have been eating healthy all day and it's making me wanna gag! Try eating cottage cheese when you're hung over. BLEH!

    Cold Hands - we will for sure have to go out drinking. Next time one of us ends up in the other's state...we could cause one fine mess that's for sure!

     
  • At 5:15 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    I am totally impressed that you made it to the gym after a day of drinking! By the way, those are hideous pants,,,are they for serious?! I pitty the foo

     
  • At 12:10 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    no doubt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home