The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, May 15, 2006

It was a fun weekend. Friday night TSO and I just chilled. We needed it. Saturday we got up and tried to pretend to be productive. We managed to eat cheeseburgers, fries and onion rings and shared a chocolate banana milk shake at a place called, ironically enough, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger! It was AWESOME...

After the health extravaganza we sat on our asses some more before getting ready to go out with our pals. We went to the State Theater in Virginia to see an 80's tribute band called The Legwarmers. It was so much fun! I will admit it was one of the "whitest" things we have ever done but something about being surrounded by jackasses all decked out in their finest 80's gear really makes you feel good about yourself and the outfit you have on. The band started the night off with "Eye of the Tiger" from Rocky...'nuff said! We all had a blast, minus our pathetic friends that manage to get in an argument EVERY TIME WE GO OUT. Does anyone else have those friends? You know, the couple that everyone knows needs to break up, the one's that shouldn't be together in the first place, yet they have this ridiculous connection that they can't seem to break because apparently the booty is like crack or maybe they have dirt on each other, who knows? But every time we're all together they manage to get in a fight and embarrass themselves? Yeah, it's getting real old!

Anyway, yesterday as we all know, was Mother's Day. The Sweet One and I headed over to dad and Step mommy's house in the morning where he, my 3 sisters and I all proceeded to make a fabulous breakfast, first and foremost for mom and grandma and then of course everyone else that happened to be there to get a free meal (lovely picture below of the spread):




After that food fest I headed over to spend some time with my real mom and ummm, eat some more. Can you tell that my families like to eat? Most of our gatherings are surrounded around food. I love it! And that my dears it the extent of the weekend. I hope that everyone else's was wonderful. Happy Monday!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger wopanese said…

    mmm... looks tasty...

    so, just out of curiosity...

    when will the funky bee become the funky queen bee and celebrate said day on her own?

    Just being nosy

     
  • At 4:51 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Yikes Wop! Not any time soon. I gots to get married first and then we'll have to see...I mean, I'm getting old but I'm also very selfish. Ha ha! I need more me time before my life's over, I mean, before I have kids ;O)

     
  • At 5:18 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    wow.. you really stuffed yourselves this weekend didn't ya?! :-)

     
  • At 10:20 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Sounds like you had a good weekend! Lot's of good food too!
    Any leftovers? My fridge is empty.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger aughra said…

    Holy crap that food looks good!!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    That bacon looks awesome. The fruit looks good too. I'm glad you and the fam had a nice mother's day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home