The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Well, well, well...I ask for excitement and boy do I get it...

Got home from work last night and decided I would go for a bike ride since it was such a lovely evening. As I'm walking in my front door I can hear that the burglar alarms is beeping furiously. I enter, I turn it off, it says "door to basement". I have to admit, that creeped me out a little bit. Not enough obviously because I went straight over and opened the door to the basement...Nothing there. So, I go to the bathroom and turn on the light switch. Ahhhh....no electricity! Whatever, I had to pee so bad that it didn't phase me. As I'm on the pot, Shazam! The lights go back on. Now, how's THAT for excitement people?

Anyway, I decided to turn on the tube as I got ready for my ride and wouldn't you know it, NO CABLE. Now, generally, i wouldn't care. I would go for my lovely bike ride, return home and read or make some purses or something else not as mind numbing as watching television. But alas, yesterday I had been planning to watch The Amazing Race and LOST all day! I seriously had planned my day around it (yes, I'm lame and have no life, get over it). So, I started to freak out a little bit.

I went outside and asked my no personality, lame ass, making his kids have no personality neighbor (one day ask me how I really feel about him), how long the power had been out. He told me it was out for about 2 hours give or take. Apparently someone hit a telephone pole on the main road behind our houses. He claims he even heard it. OOOHHH, jerk! Trying to compete with my night of excitement. Whatever, I don't even know if I believe him...

So, I figured I was stung. I packed up all my shit in record time. And by all my shit I mean, things to cook for dinner, clothes for the gym in the morning, things to wear to work, my computer, my brain...and headed over to The Sweet One's house. Lucky for me I got to watch The Amazing Race with TSO's tool bag roommate (he has two, one is nice and I love him the other = tool bag) and then when LOST came on, you know, the show I had been anticipating for the last SEVEN days...the fuckers tool bag girlfriend came over.

Let me tell you about girl friend. She has what I like to call a GIGGLING problem! Have you ever met a person like this? If you have, then you feel my pain. This bitch giggles at EVERY FUCKING THING IN THE WORLD! At one point I wanted to stuff one of the couch pillows in her grill, but she probably would have giggled about it. I don't know if you watch LOST but if you do and you saw the part where Libby DIED and everyone was all sad and crying then you know what an emotional scene it was. Yeah...the bitch was GIGGLING. I was so livid. Anyway, we got through it and I went and locked myself in TSO's bedroom. That my friends is one, quality, action packed, exciting evening! I know you're all jealous.

Today sucks. It's rainy and grey and misty and yucky out. I am supposed to have a softball game tonight but who knows, it may be called if the field is too wet. Blah, blah, blah...

Hope everyone else is having a FABULOUS and SUNNY day!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Of course, it finally REALLY started raining right when I have to drive home. Booo..I think your game is going to be cancelled.

    How good was Amazing Race last night? I hate MoJo. Those hippies sure are lucky. Their fast forward was nasty.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    It is the MOST beautiful day today! 78 degrees with a slight breeze. I've been out working in the yard all day. I had to it might be nasty humid tomorrow. I think you know what I'm talking about, you've been here.

    Loved, loved, LOVED Lost. It gets more and more twisted the longer you watch!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Peachy - the game was obviously cancelled, we're having tornado watches now...yikes! Oh and I am SO GLAD that MoJo is gone, hated them...it was a fantastic race

    OGO - I'm glad you're getting some lovely, cool weather. Boy do I know about your humidity. I thought we had it bad here until I was faced with it in NoLa. No sense in even doing the hair on those days. Oh and LOST, I am in LOVE with this show. I am sad it will be over in two weeks...

     
  • At 8:01 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    you should have kicked her in the head.

     
  • At 12:09 AM, May 12, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    nope, rainy and cloudy here too! and yeah, you should've laid the hurt on that biatch!

     
  • At 9:58 PM, May 13, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    eee it was rainy all week here...bummer. Shove the pillow far enough down her throat and see if she giggles anymore.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home