The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, May 26, 2006

Dental Health Day...

So, like the geek that I am, I've been wearing my old retainer for the last 3 nights and my teeth are already moving! I am so excited about this. I had braces, I THINK, in 6th grade. I had some jacked up choppers as a kid and I thank god and my parents for orthodontists on a regular basis. I was also lucky enough to have an asshole dentist that made me keep my lower, cemented retainer in until I think I was in college. Better safe than sorry huh? Anyway, we weren't so lucky with the upper retainer that was easily removed and well, took too much effort for a middle schooler. Yeah it was kind of cool at first but the novelty quickly wears off on things that are good for you. So, like most other things, I kind of gave up on it. And, low and behold, my top teeth shifted. If I didn't tell you, you probably wouldn't know the difference, but I know it and I remember how straight my teeth were when those razor sharp braces came off.

Anyway, I'm taking charge and getting my straight-er teeth back. I must. I am also lucky enough to have had three of my very good friends go into dental hygiene, it's very beneficial. I would puke if I had to put my face in someone else's nasty mouth every day, but hey, they make great money and I don't so who's the smart one now? hmmmm...

So, one of my best friends actually lived with me while she was in dental school and made me and all of our roommates bleaching trays...FOR FREE! Do you know how much people pay for those little pieces of plastic? A LOT, I'm sure some of you do know and are probably cursing me right now. So, I can bleach my teeth any time I want. You would think I would have some perfect teeth but alas, I am lazy. So, I just have normal teeth. Then again, who the hell wants those Hillary Duff horse teeth?



NOT ME...

So I will call today DENTAL HEALTH DAY! Take care of your teeth people. It would really suck if you didn't have them!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Sheets said…

    Actually.... 'it' wouldn't suck if you didn't have teeth.....'YOU' would suck.......if you didn't have teeth.

    ;-)

     
  • At 1:19 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    HA HA! Sheets - I actually thought about that after I posted! Nicely done!

     
  • At 2:16 AM, May 27, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Duff's teeth are even bigger and whiter since she went all supa-skinny. She needs some curves to balance out the teeth.

    And is there any danger of increased sensitivity with bleaching? I thought about it, but I don't wanna be sensitive.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I stopped using my retainer as well. Every so often I would try to put it back in but it hurt so bad! (yeah, my teeth have moved too.) I don't really think it's that noticeable unless you are looking for it. Happy Dental health day!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    She looks like a bobble head now that shes so skinny and her horse teeth just make it worse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home